Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else experiance guilt

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

when you clean out your closet? Or do I just have a problem?

We had our room painted so I had to take everything out of my closet and I'm now putting it all back in. I feel so terribly guilty. Nice clothes I NEVER wear, clothes with price tags still on them. Items that look almost identical. I swear next time I want to go shopping I need only to walk into my closet. So much money I've wasted.

Posted · Report post

I cleaned out my closet yesterday. I must have thrown 30+ books in the dumpster.

Posted · Report post

Did that the other day.

I have a rule. If I haven't worn it in the past 12 months, it goes to goodwill.

Posted · Report post

I never waste money on clothes. Don't really own that much in clothing. I do buy a lot of books, but I don't throw them away, just donate them to used book stores when I am done. My wife and I also donate a lot of money to the poor.

I do feel guilty when I think about my past spending habits though. If I had all the money that I spent on partying, strippers, etc..., I would be a relatively wealthy man. But I did enjoy myself. :)

Posted · Report post

I just moved and in the process of packing I filled up almost 3 garbage bags worth of clothes for goodwill. It as a great relief with no guilt at all.

Posted · Report post

I really need to do that...I've lost 35 lbs (and have kept it off for a year) and need to get rid of some fat boy clothes in my closet...will do it soon :yesnod:

Posted · Report post

I know some people who feel guilty not coming out of the closet.

Posted · Report post

dont own many clothes and buy most of those I do at the thrift store - clothes dont make me feel guilty.

Posted · Report post

Plain colored tee's and jeans/athletic shorts for me .. I'm glad I don't have this problem.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Clothes are for the rich

Posted · Report post

Yep... I have the same problem... Clothes I've never worn with tags on em everywhere... I can't let myself get rid of them.

My wife has a BA in psychology... She says I won't get rid of them because I grew up extremely poor and somewhere subliminally I feel like I must keep them just in case...

I'm no hoarder, I just have a lot of clothes from my single days that I refuse to give up unless they no longer fit... In which case I usually give them away to a teenager in need.

Posted · Report post

Yep... I have the same problem... Clothes I've never worn with tags on em everywhere... I can't let myself get rid of them.

My wife has a BA in psychology... She says I won't get rid of them because I grew up extremely poor and somewhere subliminally I feel like I must keep them just in case...

I'm no hoarder, I just have a lot of clothes from my single days that I refuse to give up unless they no longer fit... In which case I usually give them away to a teenager in need.

Definition of a hoarder