Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are we Done???

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I liked Cromartie since college, but last year I think he had a lot more weaknesses exposed. He's still really good, but I was hoping we would go after Joseph... We didn't, so now, I'm actually hoping Cromartie kind of falls into our laps if the Jets go ahead and sign Aso.

Posted

I dont think we are done. We do need to bring in a vet QB and a Vet WR. Our WR depth is good but If Steve goes down we really dont have a threat we know for a fact to step up. And We got to address that CB position. Capt, Hogan, and Burney are way to Small to cover a number 2 WR. We also need to look at a RG.

Posted

When the cuts happen, I think it's going to be chaos.

Posted

To be honest, I'd like to see us pick-up decent backup tackle and alll purpose guard; I just have no faith that Otah will last a season, and Gross, well, he is getting older, not to mention a RG.

Guess what I'm saying is if what is out there is better than what we have, get them.

Football begins and ends with the lines, of course.

Posted

I liked Cromartie since college, but last year I think he had a lot more weaknesses exposed. He's still really good, but I was hoping we would go after Joseph... We didn't, so now, I'm actually hoping Cromartie kind of falls into our laps if the Jets go ahead and sign Aso.

Please no on Cromartie

1 person likes this

Posted

"I thought i told you that we wont stop!!!!"

Posted

To be honest, I'd like to see us pick-up decent backup tackle and alll purpose guard; I just have no faith that Otah will last a season, and Gross, well, he is getting older, not to mention a RG.

Guess what I'm saying is if what is out there is better than what we have, get them.

Football begins and ends with the lines, of course.

Yeah man this team needs a swing tackle bad (provided one of the rooks doesn't take that job).

Posted

Please no on Cromartie

I don't prefer it myself... BUT, I think it's down to him or Carlos Rogers as a viable starting corner. And I think since JJ signed with Houston, Cromartie's asking price has probably dropped down a little.

TBH, if we end up with Rogers or Clements, I would still walk away from this "offseason" thinking we've got a Top 5 defense.

Posted

I don't prefer it myself... BUT, I think it's down to him or Carlos Rogers as a viable starting corner. And I think since JJ signed with Houston, Cromartie's asking price has probably dropped down a little.

TBH, if we end up with Rogers or Clements, I would still walk away from this "offseason" thinking we've got a Top 5 defense.

Clements is really bad. I know quite a few niner fans who hated him. Cromartie is the best option left out there.

Posted

there's going to be another wave of signings. the big names are falling first, as well as the strategic "need" signings. the value signings are on the horizon. aaaaand then when veterans start being cut to make room for big name signings......

the crazy FA period is really just hitting its stride.

Posted

Clements is bad when forced into man coverage... zone defense he's fine. I'm not sure how our defense is going to change this year b/c Meeks is still around, but McDermott and Riv are gonna bring a lot of that Philly/Chi/SD style of play...

But, agreed, out of who's left realistically for us, Cromartie is the best option. Hope he and Riv were tight in SD...

Posted

Like it or not, I'd bet we're waiting to see what happens with Cromartie... had his best year under Rivera.