Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Democrats...*sigh*

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Because they know the dems will pass it. This way they can have their cake and eat it too. 1. Get money from taxpayers to help their states 2. Look conservative for voting against the money they are taking.

And people are buying all this BS?

sad

Dude, why oh why oh why did Obama put the fate of his presidency in the hands of Pelosi and Reid? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bottom line...McCain promised to get rid of earmarks (he's been a huge proponent of doing so for years), and Obama knew he had to do the same to get elected. Now we're seeing he was less than truthful about it. What did Colbert call it? Truthiness?

Posted

I don't think Obama has a choice on who the senior members of Congress are.

I didn't expect immediate earmark gratification - we will see if there is a marked decrease in this stuff over his 4 year term. Even this year with no bickering, earmarks are down 5 percent I understand.

Posted

I don't think Obama has a choice on who the senior members of Congress are.

I didn't expect immediate earmark gratification - we will see if there is a marked decrease in this stuff over his 4 year term. Even this year with no bickering, earmarks are down 5 percent I understand.

The stock market's down a lot more than that. Those are the people who know what's up. Not the little dipshit economics professor wearing a bowtie.

Posted

So you fully expect Obama to reverse the course this country is on in a mere 6 weeks? Oh, that's right, the Dow was at 14,000 on January 20 this year. I must have forgotten. He caused it all. Meat, please accept my sincere non-apology.

Posted

So you fully expect Obama to reverse the course this country is on in a mere 6 weeks? Oh, that's right, the Dow was at 14,000 on January 20 this year. I must have forgotten. He caused it all. Meat, please accept my sincere non-apology.

Um, okay....Weirdo.