28 replies to this topic

#16 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

I'm no Bush fan. Every time he got in front of a podium I cringed because he butchered the language. But I knew that this guy was the wrong way to turn. And the people who actually make this country work aren't going to sit by while he takes from them to subsidize those who refuse to work.

EZ there Mr. Meat...I'm not a fan of either Bush or Obama so don't come at me like I'm some Obamanaut on another anti-Bush rant. I just think it's a joke for either side to blame the other. They're equally responsible.

#17 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

Once we get most in the tinderbox to admit that Obama and Bush are basically the same person, we'll be finally getting somewhere...

How are they the same person?? Obama basically reversed every policy Bush had set in.. I just don't see how you can make that point.

#18 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:25 AM

Americans killed in wars started by Bush = 4000 +

if i remember correctly, they hit us first.

stop trying to defend obama. you cant. the guy is royaly fuging up this country and you know it.

#19 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,890 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

Bush takes over budget surplus and great economy
Obama takes over huge deficit and terrible economy

the economy was excellent during bush's first 6 years. however, back in 2006 when the dems took control of the government, it all started going downhill, largely in part to democrat senators dropping the ball on the whole freddie mac/fannie mae scandal. yea bush's spending was out of control, but it doesn't help when you've tripled the national debt in less than 6 weeks.

on a side note, bush had generated 20% more revenue during his tenure than bill clinton.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

nevermind that republicans are getting more earmark money per senator than the dems.

lol

#21 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

nevermind that republicans are getting more earmark money per senator than the dems.

lol

Would that have anything to do with there being more Dems than Reps ?:mad2:

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

Would that have anything to do with there being more Dems than Reps ?:mad2:

Uh, no.

Wouldn't you think the party that is kicking and screaming over earmarks would have much less of a piece of the pie adjusted for senate membership?

Turns out they are more on the take than the dems.

Everyone sucks.

lol

#23 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

If the Pubs were to get more of the earmarks, then wouldn't that give the Dems even more justification to vote against it especially taking into consideration the promisies made by their president?

If the Pubs were to get more of the earmarks, then why did over 2/3 of them vote against it but only 2 Dems?

#24 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

If the Pubs were to get more of the earmarks, then why did over 2/3 of them vote against it but only 2 Dems?

Because they know the dems will pass it. This way they can have their cake and eat it too. 1. Get money from taxpayers to help their states 2. Look conservative for voting against the money they are taking.

And people are buying all this BS?

sad

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

Because they know the dems will pass it. This way they can have their cake and eat it too. 1. Get money from taxpayers to help their states 2. Look conservative for voting against the money they are taking.

And people are buying all this BS?

sad

Dude, why oh why oh why did Obama put the fate of his presidency in the hands of Pelosi and Reid? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bottom line...McCain promised to get rid of earmarks (he's been a huge proponent of doing so for years), and Obama knew he had to do the same to get elected. Now we're seeing he was less than truthful about it. What did Colbert call it? Truthiness?

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

I don't think Obama has a choice on who the senior members of Congress are.

I didn't expect immediate earmark gratification - we will see if there is a marked decrease in this stuff over his 4 year term. Even this year with no bickering, earmarks are down 5 percent I understand.

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

I don't think Obama has a choice on who the senior members of Congress are.

I didn't expect immediate earmark gratification - we will see if there is a marked decrease in this stuff over his 4 year term. Even this year with no bickering, earmarks are down 5 percent I understand.

The stock market's down a lot more than that. Those are the people who know what's up. Not the little dipshit economics professor wearing a bowtie.

#28 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

So you fully expect Obama to reverse the course this country is on in a mere 6 weeks? Oh, that's right, the Dow was at 14,000 on January 20 this year. I must have forgotten. He caused it all. Meat, please accept my sincere non-apology.

#29 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

So you fully expect Obama to reverse the course this country is on in a mere 6 weeks? Oh, that's right, the Dow was at 14,000 on January 20 this year. I must have forgotten. He caused it all. Meat, please accept my sincere non-apology.

Um, okay....Weirdo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com