Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotchery

58 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would be a great possession receiver if released or cut from Jets.

Posted · Report post

I don't see why they would release him but he is a strong talent

Posted · Report post

Yea he would, thats why he wont get cut.

Posted · Report post

[QUOTE]Michael Lombardi reported on NFL Network Monday that Jerricho Cotchery is available in trade for "the right price in the right deal."
The Jets have explored the "possibility of trading Cotchery," in large part to utilize his cap space for other moves. Even if they're not admitting it publicly, Cotchery's offseason back surgery is also a factor. Unless the right price is a mid-to-late round pick, we don't envision Cotchery drawing much interest as a health risk coming off a disappointing season. Aug 1, 11:59 AM[/QUOTE]

I still don't think we are going after a WR. They plan on developing the young ones we already have.

Posted · Report post

Cotchery will NOT be cut, if traded it may cost a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Posted · Report post

While I think he is a good player, I like our Wr's. If he came here it would take reps from Gettis/Lafell/Edwards, and we should be just fine with these guys.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We could be set at WR but if it seems like a reasonable deal, this would be a solid move.

...but I really think Gettis should be #2 and eventual #1...I'm crossing my fingers there's no sophomore slump with LaFell or Gettis. That's what we're banking on in a big way for our passing game

Posted · Report post

If Peyton Manning get cut we should pick him up too. I'm sure it will be on the cheap.

Posted · Report post

i'm good with our WR's...no thx

Posted · Report post

maybe we can get Moss outta retirement for very little money. WTF is wrong here? We DO NOT need any help at WR. With Smitty teaching the younger guys we are good for the next few years.

Posted · Report post

it'd be like a slap in the face to Gettis and Lafell to bring in a guy when they showed so much promise last season. Let the young guys play to their potential, they havnt given us any reason not to support them.