• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

For those that do not understand the political logic behind framing Rush as the leader of the Republican party:

Independent and moderate voters, the people that decide close elections, disdain Rush. They will not suddenly like the ideas he supports because hes being pulled into the mainstream media via the Democratic leadership. It is a brilliant strategy that will help secure Democratic control of congress and the white house. The more successful the Democrats are at framing Rush and his right wing ideas with Republican leadership the less likely the Republican party can regain moderates/independents any time soon.

RNC leadership is having to play a delicate dance between not even further turning off the moderate/independents and not turning off the right wing base by repudiating Rush's extremism. Not to mention the wedge and fights this creates between the right wing of the republican party and the more moderate part of the republican party. This strategy thus far has been more successful than one could have hoped for.

Edited by TruthVsComfort, 05 March 2009 - 12:48 AM.

#62 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

/\Rush isnt as powerful as you are acting/\

I dont think he is capable of getting people to vote either way and he certainly isnt determining who will control Congress

you are giving that guy way too much credit

#63 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:51 AM

For those that do not understand the political logic behind framing Rush as the leader of the Republican party:

Independent and moderate voters, the people that decide close elections, disdain Rush. They will not suddenly like the ideas he supports because hes being pulled into the mainstream media via the Democratic leadership. It is a brilliant strategy that will help secure Democratic control of congress and the white house. The more successful the Democrats are at framing Rush and his right wing ideas with Republican leadership the less likely the Republican party can regain moderates/independents any time soon.

RNC leadership is having to play a delicate dance between not even further turning off the moderate/independents and not turning off the right wing base by repudiating Rush's extremism. Not to mention the wedge and fights this creates between the right wing of the republican party and the more moderate part of the republican party. This strategy thus far has been more successful than one could have hoped for.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

#64 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

I hope it backfires... they are getting close to doing something unconstitutional... When you infringe on someone's Constitutional rights, especially with freedom of the press, you might as well be doing it to everyone.

#65 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

Limbaugh is a yellow journalistic fear-mongering buffoon, and his listeners make people suffering from Down syndrome look like college professors.

Oh and saying you listen to him because he is funny or because you buy into some of his shtick is like saying you only subscribe to Playboy for the articles. It insults the intelligence of everyone who can hear it.

#66 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

Limbaugh is a yellow journalistic fear-mongering buffoon, and his listeners make people suffering from Down syndrome look like college professors.

Oh and saying you listen to him because he is funny or because you buy into some of his shtick is like saying you only subscribe to Playboy for the articles. It insults the intelligence of everyone who can hear it.

You are wrong.

#67 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

And scared.

#68 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

I actually like some of the things Obama says. Does that make me an Obama dittohead? I think Rush is a pompous ass. But he has a talent for articulating a lot of things people feel in a way that they can rally behind. When I disagree with those things (examples: animal testing and abortion) I can't stand him. When I agree (pointing out liberal hypocrisy especially in the media) I want to hear what he has to say. I don't listen to his show, but I do follow the controversies that the media reports on.

#69 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

I never heard anyone hate on McNair. Maybe I just wasn't listening.

#70 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

I actually like some of the things Obama says. Does that make me an Obama dittohead? I think Rush is a pompous ass. But he has a talent for articulating a lot of things people feel in a way that they can rally behind. When I disagree with those things (examples: animal testing and abortion) I can't stand him. When I agree (pointing out liberal hypocrisy especially in the media) I want to hear what he has to say. I don't listen to his show, but I do follow the controversies that the media reports on.

If that's true then I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about the people like the guy two offices down from me who claims that he only listens to Rush because he is funny and occasionally says something he agrees with. BUT every day his radio is tuned in and he doesn't like to take meetings during the that time.

As a registered 'Pub and an previously active member of the GOP I view Rush as one of the Rights worst enemies. He does more to feed the elitist rich white male hypocrite stereotype of Republicans than the Left could ever hope to do.

Edited by Inimicus, 05 March 2009 - 09:52 AM.

#71 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

I still think Howard Stern needs to sue him for ripping his schtick off.

Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh aren't even remotely similar.

#72 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:20 AM

I am proud that the Republican Party has a black leader right now

limbaugh is not black.

#73 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh aren't even remotely similar.

just both of them being on the radio makes them remotely similar :spam:

:leaving:

#74 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

I can't figure out what the two parties can't figure out.

This is what a blowhard entertainer DREAMS of.

Free PR in a place he is normally mostly ignored, places like CNN and the local nightly news.
Wow. Rush has to be super happy. I don't listen to him, but I know enough about radio personalities to know that this, coupled with the election of a Democrat to the White House, plus an Democrat led Congress has to be like hitting the lottery for an already wealthy man.

Oh well.

Maybe this kind of stupid flap will wake up the Republicans. If people REALLY believe this guy is somehow a "leader" in the party......they have a lot of work to do in the next 4 years. As if the last 8 with W weren't bad enough for ruining the party.

Wish the Libertarians could step up and fill the void in fiscal conservancy and promote the intelligent position of social liberalism in combination.
Guess that is impossible when you have to pander to a base of thumpers.

Bleh.

#75 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

statezerats!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.