Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Charlotte ever host a Super Bowl?

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Seems like Tampa, New Orleans, Miami, and San Diego host them all the time. Will Charlotte ever have its chance?

Posted · Report post

Probably not, too cold in Febuary. Ya know for the mostly wine and cheezers that go to the Superbowl.

Posted · Report post

Not unless global warming takes effect or we get a dome.

Next question.

Posted · Report post

No. And wine and cheesers don't go to Superbowls. Corporate types or die hards do. No in between.

Posted · Report post

I agree with everyone else. I don't ever see a Super Bowl coming here. They want warm weather locations or domes.

Posted · Report post

Nope-Never.

Besides the fact that we play outdoors and the NFL would never put its biggest game in a place where there could be freezing rain at kickoff. Charlotte is perceived as being not "big" enough to host.

Posted · Report post

Supposedly, it's too cold in Feb, and also there isn't enough high-class hotels to host all the people, from what I heard.

Posted · Report post

Nope-Never.

Besides the fact that we play outdoors and the NFL would never put its biggest game in a place where there could be freezing rain at kickoff. Charlotte is perceived as being not "big" enough to host.

There's no perception to it. Charlotte does not have enough hotels to qualify. Jacksonville solved the problem by bringing in cruise ships (and seeing what a bust the Super Bowl was there will work against a smaller, untested city ever seeing another bowl).

Couple that with the fact that the average temp in Feb is well below the mandatory minimum, and we have 0 chance it happens.

Posted · Report post

Even if the weather wasn't a deterrent, Jacksonville took care of mid-level cities ever hosting a Super Bowl in the near future. New Orleans only does because it's a party city.

Posted · Report post

There's no perception to it. Charlotte does not have enough hotels to qualify. Jacksonville solved the problem by bringing in cruise ships (and seeing what a bust the Super Bowl was there will work against a smaller, untested city ever seeing another bowl).

Couple that with the fact that the average temp in Feb is well below the mandatory minimum, and we have 0 chance it happens.

I say perceived because Charlotte does host NASCAR events at LMS and last I checked it can host well over twice what BoA can.

I tend to think that's just a lame excuse that the NFL uses for us because Charlotte isn't really a cold weather town but clearly isn't a warm weather location either.

Posted · Report post

Atlanta a few times as well in the Dome :D

Posted · Report post

NO, Miami, and Tampa are pretty much on a near rotation. San Diego's been kicked out until they get a new stadium. IIRC, Glendale (PHX) is now in there, and I'm not sure if Houston is or not.

• Masters of PIE !

• Recent Comments