Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never consent to a roadside search...

29 posts in this topic

Posted

lol like your rights mean anything to cops.

Figure-10.png

1 person likes this

Posted

So what... After that, talk to the DA and get the BS charge thrown out...

My wife works in a courtroom... I know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to stuff like this... lol

My attorney has told me exactly the same thing, and it is what I have taught my children. I have family in law enforcement as well, and they agree.

Posted

What if a ghost cop pulls you over?

what if a zombie cop pulls you over?

Posted

Then you're really screwed.

Posted

Then you're really screwed.

:yesnod:

1 person likes this

Posted

Cop: Can I search your vehicle?

Me: Ok man, but I am fairly certain there is something alive in the back.

Cop: Takes one look at the back and says, on second thought, nevermind.

:)

Posted

Ill take water-cooler law for $200 Alex!

Answer:

Whats the fastest way to ensure you get written for a borderline ticket?

Ding ding ding. Or worse. The law differs state-by-state, but in most of them the officer can search the passenger compartment of your car and you, without your consent, if they observe "suspicious activity". In addition, you could be charged within hindering police and , in many states, they are even allowed to arrest you for traffic violations as minor as speeding. If you are arrested, then they can search whatever they want. It's too much of a grey area and there are too many loopholes where a clever officer could screw you over. If you don't have drugs or guns, what do you have to hide?

Posted

Ding ding ding. Or worse. The law differs state-by-state, but in most of them the officer can search the passenger compartment of your car and you, without your consent, if they observe "suspicious activity". In addition, you could be charged within hindering police and , in many states, they are even allowed to arrest you for traffic violations as minor as speeding. If you are arrested, then they can search whatever they want. It's too much of a grey area and there are too many loopholes where a clever officer could screw you over. If you don't have drugs or guns, what do you have to hide?

Translation:

I am so scared. Yes officer, please rape me while you are at it.

http://flexyourrights.org/faq/when_police_allowed_search_car

Posted

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110530231456AAlMJpy

Probable cause would be slurred speech, erratic behavior, smelling pot, glassy eyes, weaving while driving, weaving while walking, etc...I think it would be very hard to prove that they didn't have probable cause. I had a cop pull me over when I was 21. He said I was speeding. I was not. He said he smelled pot. There had never been pot in my car. About 30 cops came with drug dogs and searched for an hour. Of course, they found nothing.

He claimed he smelled pot. I'm not really sure how this was possible and the judge didn't believe him either. Note, I'm white so it wasn't racial profiling but the judge believed it was age profiling. The cop just assumed someone my age would have pot was his theory.

I think it was fairly evident that the cop in this case was lying. If he had truly smelled pot as he claimed, I think the K9 would have too.

Posted

I would also like to point out, if you don't have anything to hide and haven't done anything wrong, chances are you won't be pulled over in the first place... common sense...

unless you are a minority or fit the cop's description of someone who looks suspicious, lol...

Posted

I must have lived a sheltered life. When I was younger, I smoked enough weed to fill a hot air balloon with pot fumes, but never got pulled and or searched. And didn't have any friends that got searched (minority or otherwise), except for a few that were driving drunk.

1 person likes this