Photo
- - - - -

One thing I have notice from the camp pictures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#13 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

I don't know about years past, but if it's true that our QB's used to always wear the play calling wristbands and now they don't, that is an interesting observation.

LaFell was quoted as saying our offensive playbook is 3x thicker this year than it was last year and I've also heard that we're switching from a play call naming system to a numbering system, so you would think they would need the wristbands more this year then they did last year, but it may just come down to a matter of personal choice this year when last year it was mandated?

If we're going to a numbering system, that would explain it. Don't need it, except for 2-minute offense type situations where you want to be quick with getting the play in. Also, it could just be part of the learning process the coaching staff is implementing. As others said, "learn the playbook or sit" type of thing.

I don't think we have ALL the playbook in yet. Hell, I don't think we have half of it. But, we have the basics in and they'll add a little each week, as long as they execute each and every game with what they already have in.

#14 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Jake wore his year round.

#15 Galvatron

Galvatron

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

It could also be that we haven't installed enough of the offense yet for anybody to need one...

They said they'll be using the Fan Fest practice time tomorrow to continue the install instead of scrimmaging like they normally do, so that tells you where we are in the process.

^This; if they've only installed 1/3 of the offense, they shouldn't need them. Especially in practice when they're only installing a certain number of plays per day.

#16 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

Cam's got too much swag for a cheat sheet...

#17 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Jake wore his year round.

wore it around what?

#18 DRSundrop

DRSundrop

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

"the wristband cheat sheets" are more often for schemes for the particular week, audibles and certain plays that will be ran.

often these plays have numbers and or letters associated with them so when the coach says run play 14 or 3x in the headset the qb can find said play on wrist.

our qbs now are likely still learning all the lingo involved with the offense as are the rest of the players my guess is they will both have one sooner or later and especially for our first game.