Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8/5 practice

202 posts in this topic

Posted

@Thekurb

4) offensive staff actually has a brain now. Plays for #2 fit his skill set. Plays for #1 fit his skill set.

I like that.

Posted

@Thekurb

4) offensive staff actually has a brain now. Plays for #2 fit his skill set. Plays for #1 fit his skill set.

I like that.

Next Saturday can't come fast enough

Posted

Fwiw--I saw more successful pass offense at this training camp last night than previous years. TEs (both Shockey and Olsen and even Hartsock once), receivers (Clowney and #15 and of course SS, also Pilares at least once). There were passes to each sideline, the corners of the endzone (I had a great view of a Cam to Clowney reception for score that came in like a missile, yet arched over the defense to drop--indefensible) and across the middle (bullets). Granted it was 7 v 7 and 11 v 11 but since part of this was a 2 minute offense. the running game was being underutilized. Most of the time, however, I thought even I could tell where Clausen was going to go with his passes (short) just by watching who he locked in on. Wasn't sure about his progressions. I thought Cam was less predictable with a better mix of short and long. He was targeting Clowney alot (#1 receiver in his set?) but seemed to overall have more options. (including running himself once or twice).

I hope it's not too late to sign John Kasay back ;)--Mare did not look good on FG. (missed a 20 yarder).

They are spending more time on ST than I remember.

It was a bit strange seeing other bodies wearing numbers 90, 47 and 87.

Posted

Forgot to add that I find it difficult to know the difference between a good offense and bad defense.

Posted

Cap question for the experts.....if we put Edwards on IR, does his salary count against the cap. I think it does, but am not sure.

The correct answer is:

If a player has a legitimate long-term injury, his cap hit is still counted; however, the team is permitted to replace him with one or more players whose combined salary is equal to (or less than) that of the injured player, even if the additional players would put the team over the salary cap. If the team's cap room is larger than the injured player's cap hit, they may take on as much as their cap room; however, the injured player may not return to play until the team is again compliant with the original cap.

So basically, it doesn't really count.. because Edwards cap hit is exempt, and we can replace him with another player of equal or lesser value (over the cap). So Hurney does not have to magically find some hidden cap room or restructure any deals to sign new a new NT.

Posted

lmao @ folks a couple pages back wondering how a kicker can miss fg's in camp and suggesting inconsistency in Cam because he misses sometimes.

This is practice. The main goal is that they get out of this alive

Posted

QUOTE=Lout;3234530]The correct answer is:

If a player has a legitimate long-term injury, his cap hit is still counted; however, the team is permitted to replace him with one or more players whose combined salary is equal to (or less than) that of the injured player, even if the additional players would put the team over the salary cap. If the team's cap room is larger than the injured player's cap hit, they may take on as much as their cap room; however, the injured player may not return to play until the team is again compliant with the original cap.

So basically, it doesn't really count.. because Edwards cap hit is exempt, and we can replace him with another player of equal or lesser value (over the cap). So Hurney does not have to magically find some hidden cap room or restructure any deals to sign new a new NT.