Photo
- - - - -

How much time do the starters get in the first preseason game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 dbeat

dbeat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

Pike is injured and Anderson hasn't practiced once yet. It is possible at least in my eyes that Cam and Jimmy play the first 3 quarters with the first and second teams.

#17 armistice

armistice

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

I agree that the fanbase needs to see Cam in to start the game. Clausen would hear it until he sits for Cam; even if he starts out not terrible.

Cam will have his rookie jitters, and after several screw-ups, Jimmy comes in and should play like he's been out there before. Plus, it will be interesting to see Cam open up against the opponent's starting defense as opposed to their backups.

Jimmy comes in and plays like he's played actual NFL games under the new offense? With a healthy o-line? You sureeeeeee?

#18 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

This year preseason is going to be different. With the shorter training camp, I see alot of 1st stringers staying out on the field longer than the usual preseason, except for a few "star" players (Smith, D.Will, Beason, Davis, guys like that).

I hope Rivera keeps Jimmy and Cam in there til 3rd quarter at least, since that's the real competition at QB.

#19 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

This year preseason is going to be different. With the shorter training camp, I see alot of 1st stringers staying out on the field longer than the usual preseason, except for a few "star" players (Smith, D.Will, Beason, Davis, guys like that).

I hope Rivera keeps Jimmy and Cam in there til 3rd quarter at least, since that's the real competition at QB.

Yeah, I agree. This is how I was thinking it would/should play out.

#20 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

I do not see Cam starting. RR is not worried about the fans. He is more worried about developing his #1 draft pick. He will let Cam watch for a quarter or even 2.

#21 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

Didnt I already create this thread?

http://www.carolinah...ason-games.html