#31 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,882 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hey Naanee has looked pretty decent against the scrub 2nd and 3rd stringers. Maybe we should let him run a bit with the 1's and see how he does against those guys?

Sounds good but uh, you don't think people are gonna jump to any crazy conclusions like LaFell is going to get cut?

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

#32 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

Speaking of high draft picks being outplayed by other guys...

Coach Ron Rivera said he views DE Eric Norwood as ahead of DE Everette Brown on the depth chart.

From the same source (link)

#33 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

LaFell with Clausen -
24 Years Old
38 catches
468 yards
1 td

Nanee with Rivers -
27 years old
Most catches in a season - 24
most yards in a season - 371
most tds in a season - 2

I like LaFell as a WR more than I like Nanee. He is a good special teams player though.

His SD production is not that relevant. That system does not give value to the #3 receiver because Gates acts as the #1 receiver. The only year Legedu got time as a 1 or 2 was last year... 4 starts in he pulled a hammy and wasn't the same the rest of the season. He had 11 catches in his 4 starts for 177 and 1 TD.

#34 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

No way LaFell gets cut or traded. What is wrong with you people.

#35 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

His SD production is not that relevant. That system does not give value to the #3 receiver because Gates acts as the #1 receiver. The only year Legedu got time as a 1 or 2 was last year... 4 starts in he pulled a hammy and wasn't the same the rest of the season. He had 11 catches in his 4 starts for 177 and 1 TD.

This... you can't compare a guy who is asked to be the #3, #4 option to a guy who had to start mose games due to pure lack of talent on the field.

If you switch there roles we'll be talking about how awesome Legedu was in Carolina last year because he forced into a starting position and racked up yards playing from behind as 1 of the only catching options on the team.

Put LaFell in SD the previous years when they had talent at the position and he would have put up numbers like most #3 and #4 WR's do!

#36 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Funny how people are trying to compare a 2nd year wide out that had a rookie QB throwing to him last year v. a back-up WR at San Diego with stats.

#37 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

No way LaFell gets cut or traded. What is wrong with you people.

No way John Kasay gets cut either.

(oops) :eek:

Again, I think it's unlikely, but there's evidence that Rivera may be more of a wild card than anyone expected. So for my part, I think it's best to assume nothing.

John Kasay was well-respected, considered a leader, one of the more consisdtent guys on the team and as closely identified with the franchise as anyone short of Steve Smith. If a guy like that can be cut, it's tough to classify anyone as "untouchable".

Edited by Mr Scot, 09 August 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#38 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,995 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

odd man out of the rotation? Yes

Off the team? no way

Yeah, nice Mike Florio impersonation PantherPryd

#39 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

besides andersone those other 2 understands the offense better and are good players. whats the problem with it?

No problem with it per se. Just a little tired of the loyalty to former players that the former coach practiced. Excuse me if I am a bit paranoid about it.

#40 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,798 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

it would really piss me off if he got cut

#41 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,995 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Lafell is not going to get cut. GTFO.

#42 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Can anyone remind me of any strong play LaFell made last season besides that one freakish one-handed catch late in the season? I sure can't. He's okay compared to the receivers we've had in the past 5 or 6 years, but he's not close to NFL starter material right now.

#43 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Anyone named LaFell should be cut (period)

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

If anything, I'd say traded, not cut. And if you put a gun to my head, I'd likely say neither.

But anything is possible. And given that we have a new coach, and that coach has expressed some unhappiness with his receivers of late, it's tough to say any option is off the table.

#45 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Depends on just how down Rivera might be on his performance.

If, say, he were down enough to cut him, then a fifth rounder is better than nothing.

That's farfetched, mind you, but not impossible.

Didn't Ochocinco get traded for a 5th. I'm pretty confident that's not happening.

If carolina, a team that needs WR's cut him... what's going to make anyone else think he's valuable enough to give up draft picks for? Come on man... you've got to be more realistic. I mean even Santonio Holmes got traded for a 5th round pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.