Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

but he speaks so well...

26 posts in this topic

Posted

As witnessed by the fact that you conservatives are proclaiming the end of the world 5 weeks in. He must be doing something right.

Posted

It will be interesting to see what happens when Obama has time in office to make a real mistakes. Lots of people sharpening their daggers and waiting it seems.

Unlike when Bush was president.....just sayin'. That's politics.

Posted

As witnessed by the fact that you conservatives are proclaiming the end of the world 5 weeks in. He must be doing something right.

How much is your 401k worth?

Posted

This is obviously Obama's fault.

Posted

This is obviously Obama's fault.

He said the Republicans are claiming the end of the world five weeks in. I'm pointing out that for those who had hoped to retire in the next couple of years, it's pretty close.

Posted

what i find to be absolutely ridiculous is that you actually just said that. i hate to make cracks at people because i dont want to be seen as throwing some cheap shot, but dude you really havent a clue. In 5 weeks Obama has successfully been able to turn this country upside down, attempting to drastically change our system of government. obama has not done one single good thing for this country since his inaguaration, and i mean that in all seriousness. he is a cancer to this country and its founding principles. there is no arguing that.

Posted

The ******* country was upside down long before Obama was inaugurated dumbass. Look past your lust for Bush the year prior to the election and it should be very clear that this mess did not start on January 20. We're all riding this rollercoaster, Obama included. At least he is showing up for work and diligently trying to make changes to improve, can't quite say the same for your butt-buddy Bush. Your collective lack of intelligence absolutely boggles the mind.

Posted

You really can't blame that on Obama. The Market has been a slide for nearly a year now. Obama hasn't stopped the slide, but he hasn't increased the rate of the 401k and market downfall. Even if the republicans had managed to clone and re-elect Reagan, the market was going to drop even more.

IMO, as long as I keep my job, then its a chance to buy stocks cheaply, because the market will recover, eventually regardless of who is president.

Posted

You really can't blame that on Obama. The Market has been a slide for nearly a year now. Obama hasn't stopped the slide, but he hasn't increased the rate of the 401k and market downfall. Even if the republicans had managed to clone and re-elect Reagan, the market was going to drop even more.

IMO, as long as I keep my job, then its a chance to buy stocks cheaply, because the market will recover, eventually regardless of who is president.

The stock market lost faith in Bush (like the rest of us). Anyone who came in after him should have reversed some of the damage just by not being Bush. But this guy has actually continued the decline. How? By tripling our deficit in six weeks. You can't deny that hasn't hurt the markets.

Posted

Yep...our investments have been making me not want to open our statements for well over a year. However, on last month's statement, I lost well over 5% of my portfolio's value which has never ever happened before in 12 years.

Posted

The stock market lost faith in Bush (like the rest of us). Anyone who came in after him should have reversed some of the damage just by not being Bush. But this guy has actually continued the decline. How? By tripling our deficit in six weeks. You can't deny that hasn't hurt the markets.

that money is going into the markets...the market is hurting because it is in the throws of a massive lending crisis and is staring down the barrel of a credit card crisis. The market has momentum, to expect it to rise dramatically when it hasn't even found a bottom is wishful thinking at best.

Posted

that money is going into the markets...the market is hurting because it is in the throws of a massive lending crisis and is staring down the barrel of a credit card crisis. The market has momentum, to expect it to rise dramatically when it hasn't even found a bottom is wishful thinking at best.

If Obama came in and said "I'm freezing spending and lowering taxes" the stock market would be up near 8,000 right now.