Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

Calgary (39-19-6) vs Carolina (33-27-5)
7:00 PM EST FSC

After an odd trade deadline this Wed., Calgary walked away with some blockbuster trades including adding Olli Jokinen. But the Canes wern't just sleeping during this time, the Canes were in a three way trade with LA and the Oilers in a trade that brought back a fan favorite Erik Cole. He will be on a line with Ruutu and Staal as reported by a few major news outlets. The Canes really need to win this one to stay in the hunt, falling 3 pts. behind 8th place in the playoffs with the Rangers and Pitt winning last night. There is a three way tie for 6/7/8 between the Panthers, Rangers, and Pitt at 74 points. (*Carolina has 71)

Ward will be in net for the Canes and EDIT Kiprusoff was in net last night so, if were lucky, we will get back up Curtis McElhinney.

As usual I'll be at the game in section 305.

Prediction:
3-2 Canes

Edited by Ncstatefan, 06 March 2009 - 01:34 PM.

#2 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Perfect first period. 3-0 us. Lets see what the next 40 mins hold!

#3 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

All I can say is wow...

Just about a perfect game for the Canes. Ray gets a hat trick, and Cole scores in his comeback debut. Only thing that would have made this a perfect game would have been a shutout, but if there's one goal you're not going to feel bad about, it's getting beat by Iginla. Great game all around. Loved Seidenberg's fight, and loved Gleason standing up for Staal late in the game.

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

nice win for the canes, his line with cole produced really well for the game. I expect things to get even better for that line with some time.

#5 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

Man, they played like they wanted to win tonight. And Calgary getting frustrated and starting fights made it even better.

#6 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Calgary is a good team and that was a good win. I just hope we can ride this out for a few more wins. I really hope we dont have a letdown tomorrow night in Atlanta. Welcome home Erik!!

#7 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

I take it you mean tampa??? Thats who we play tomorow. We have always played the good teams well but for some reason the suck teams... we cant stick a fork in them like we did to calgary tonight. if we do that tommorow against tampa.. I will have alot better feeling about our chances

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,957 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

Now THAT is Hurricane Hockey. Reminded me of the way they played during their run for the Cup. They are not that team, but it sure was nice to see the execution and passion back on the ice.

#9 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Now THAT is Hurricane Hockey. Reminded me of the way they played during their run for the Cup. They are not that team, but it sure was nice to see the execution and passion back on the ice.

Just watch them when they play the league's best, and skip all the games against .500 ish or below teams. You'll believe we're a cup team again :lol:

We need to put more consistent winning streaks together. This team has shown me they can hang with the best of em. Now they need to show it every night.

#10 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

I was there, section 118 row E, amazing free seats for an amazing game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.