• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Had a nice game. He had an INT that was about 50% his fault and held the ball too long a couple of times, but he looked much improved.

Cam hugger or not (I am), gotta give some love to Jimmy tonight.

Also, can "fans" please stop fuging booing their team during a fuging preseason game? Thanks.

#2 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Looked good, looked like the starter.

3 pre-season games left.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

I was pleasantly surprised with both QB's. Both have stuff to work on, as expected, but both exceeded my expectations and that's never a bad thing.

#4 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

i liked Jimmy's game tonight, he threw one bad pick 6, but rebounded. i know people say he held on the ball too long and he did, but i think he was waiting for a WR to get open, so i dont hate that like many do as long as he doesnt do it all the time. it was a decent game, not bad, not great and the same for Cam, except, he looked VERY poise, something i was shocked to see.

#5 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Jimmy looks like the same QB however he got the ball out of his hands a lot quicker. Holding on to the ball a little longer is ok if you have that 6th sense like pocket presence, however Jimmy doesn't seem to have that yet. If he keeps improving and actually throws a deep completion or 2, I won't shoot up heroin if I hear he is starting in the regular season.

#6 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

agree with everything the OP said. Held the ball too long a few times, that pick was him and Dwills fault. Looked like the unfamiliarity of the offense kinda showed on that play lol, besides that he did some good things out there...

#7 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Credit where it's due - the kid played miles better than I thought he would. I still don't think he looked like the better QB out there tonight but he wasn't as far behind as I thought he'd be.

Made a few nice throws - may end up being a serviceable NFL QB somewhere one of these days.

#8 gotsmart?

gotsmart?

Your GWU Representative

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

Clausen did well... compared to last season. To me, he looked like a solid filler until Newton is ready.

Newton looked like a rookie. He has stuff to work on, but I liked his attitude while on the field.

I think Jimmy wins as far as performance, but Newton looked like he handled the pressure better.

#9 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

jimmy clausen is who we thought he was a practice player and a lost gamer. how you people can still root for him is beyond me

#10 NJPanthers89

NJPanthers89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Jimmy looked much better than last season...but he 100% holds on to the ball wayyyy to long. That second sack by J. Pierre Paul, it felt like Jimmy held onto the ball forever. Constantly rolled out to the right most of the night, just doesnt feel comfortable in teh pocket. Cam on the other hand had a few terrible passes into the ground, but he stepped up in the pocket and didnt roll out or even once. He looked as comfortable as i have ever seen a rookie look. But he did look like a rookie...I'm very excited for his play moving forward.

Olsen is the MAN! that is all...

#11 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

jimmy clausen is who we thought he was a practice player and a lost gamer. how you people can still root for him is beyond me

I tend to root for the players on my favorite team, how you can root against a player on your team is beyond me.

#12 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

Clausen played pretty good, but that INT was all him. Even though D-Lo didn't turn his head around fast enough, the ball was still behind him.

#13 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Acknowledging good things someone did is not "rooting" for them. Dramatization and failing to give credit might be a sign that you are a hater.

#14 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Hatin's bad!

#15 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER