• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefuzz

Would anyone else feel comfortable with Anderson starting?

He looked far mor comfortable with his reads(and he should). I wouldn't have a problem with it if we had no other options. At this point we might as well see what clausen and cam have since we are facing the NFL's hardest schedule. The gimmie games are far and few inbetween. After the arizona game i really don't see any more games we are favored in. Throw'em out there let's see what we got gain alittle trade value. The worst that could happen is we end up in position to draft alshon next year.

At this point, Anderson has earned some extra reps in practice and some playing time next week. I am fine with giving Cam and Jimmy the majority of the reps. But I do want him to get some in as well. He should be able to compete for the job like everyone else. And if he is the right guy to start off the year, then so be it. The only other time we drafted a first round rookie Qb, we started a vet for a few games until the rookie was ready to start. It could happen.

I thought about this a bit, and I feel perfectly comfortable with James Anderson starting.

i like that mr anderson. He's a tackling machine, our lbs are studs

James Anderson can start, for sure, at LB.

Derek Anderson, I think everyone knows he wasn't brought here to compete for the starting job. Only way if Jimmy and Cam get hurt *knocks on wood*.

No. I rather see Jimmy or Cam struggle and learn from their mistakes as starters than just sitting on the bench to grasp the system. They are the franchises' future so I don't mind if thing are rough in the beginning. Anderson is here to work with them off the field, not be a starter.

It's things like this I don't understand not singeling you out or anything but I've seen a few posts like yours and just happened to quote you.

Anyways, have you guys thought about why DA decided to sign here? Do you guys really think he's ready to be okay with just being a veteran mentor to these young qbs? Maybe a little bit sure but I'm probably guessing he was told that he would have a shot to start and think about it he gets to come to a place where we have young guys (project players) at the qb position he probably is hoping he can have a 2007 type season here like he did with the browns. I don't think he'd sign here just so he could be the 3rd string veteran mentor you all want him to be

And if River is an honest man and said something a long the lines of him getting a true oppourtunity to start if he IS the best qb of the three and proves that he is then I'm guessing he meant what he said.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if DA is our starter against Arizona at the very least I believe that at the moment he very well could be the best qb of the 3 at the time, but that's also because I haven't seen much of Cam and Jimmys performance of last night kind of has me torn not sure if Jimmy has improved from last year or he managed to stay the same

But that's why we have preseason so lets sit back and enjoy some beers while we watch all of this unfold :cheers2:

Derek Anderson, I think everyone knows he wasn't brought here to compete for the starting job. .

Exactly (Yeah right). The team has an Offensive Coordinator and a Quarterbacks Coach, so they decided to bring in a 28 year old QB some people consider to be a pariah, with zero mentoring experience, to teach a rookie and a 2nd year guy who struggled last year on a team with an offense already in place, the new offense. That makes tons of sense. Why straddle the OC and the QbC with training the kids?

Anyone who insists Anderson was brought in solely to mentor should step back, take a breath, and maybe rethink it. At the very least he's plan B at the QB spot, likely temporary plan A.

Would I be comfortable with it? Yes. Is it what I want to see? I'm not sure.

Ultimately, when the 11th comes 'round (which I'll be in N. Myrtle Beach for, btw) I want to see the guy who is the most ready starting, and in my view that may, may be Anderson.

Yes, he was in there against the 3rd stringers Saturday night and didn't do anything that made me jump off the couch when I watched on Sunday morning. But he seemed to show vision, poise (and strangely) confidence when he was in the game.

I do, however premature, trust the judgement of Rivera and Chud enough to make the right call. Anyone who pays attention to my posts (few as they may be) know I view the 2011 season with a very pragmatic eye, and no matter what decisions are made at QB this season, I'm ready to be patient.

We are not going to the playoffs this year anyhow...build for the future...start Cam or Jimmy

even if this was a playoff team, Anderson isnt one to lead them to the playoffs. i say let Cam or Jimmy start, the best of the two.

I read this morning he hasn't been getting that many reps at camp

True....but the more important aspect of reps at camp is to teach Clausen and Cam.

Anderson knows this offense. Don't read too much into the reps.

Right now, I could see any of the three as the opening day starter....which is a great thing.

All three are playing well enough to warrant the starting nod.....they bring different positives to the team right now.

Cam....explosiveness, yet inconsistent

Clausen....more consistent than Cam, but definitely lacks the big play ability

Anderson.....vet understanding of both the game and the offense. Actually, is probably the safest pick as the starter.

I love it that our staff actually does not have to settle for the lesser of three evils.

They will put the best guy out there day 1......will be interesting in the Pre-Season to see how this shakes out.

Lastly....any of you that think you "know" why DA was brought here, why he came here, what Rivera will do.....are a bunch of smoke blowing idiots.

We were able to predict what Fox was thinking about 90% of the time. This is a new day and a new staff. We have NO IDEA what Rivera and team are going to do.

Tom Smykowski: It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Michael Bolton: That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.

Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BPAPP

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts