Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On sports reporters this morning

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

They spoke of 3 Big East teams (Louisville, Pitt and Uconn) getting 1 seeds, and the 3rd 1 seed going to Memphis, Michigan State or some team out of the big 12 (can't mean Oklahoma as they've struggled down the stretch) but aren't they overlooking the elephant in the room? Just saying, UNC should be #1 tomorrow as they were #1 most of the year and are at 2 now and the 1 team went down yesterday.

Posted · Report post

I don't know what the hell they were talking about, but UNC will be a 1 seed in the tournament.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='monstercat']I don't know what the hell they were talking about, but UNC will be a 1 seed in the tournament.[/quote]

Did you see that too? It was unbelievable. I was watching and thinking: I hope they give poor little ole UNC a meager 2 seed somewhere. WTF! In a way, it would be funny to watch this UNC team romp through the field like they did last year for being so disrespected. And believe me, when the tournament starts, and these teams are seeing the Heels for the first time, there is going to be some big blowouts.

Posted · Report post

When I think of UNC, the word that always stands out to me is "disrespected".

Give me a break. UNC has been talked about as a one seed by everyone all season. One group of reporters left them out, most likely by mistake. It isn't some kind of national disrespect for the Tarheels.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='solorca']When I think of UNC, the word that always stands out to me is "disrespected".

Give me a break. UNC has been talked about as a one seed by everyone all season. One group of reporters left them out, most likely by mistake. It isn't some kind of national disrespect for the Tarheels.[/quote]

This was an in depth discussion about possible 1 seeds. Not a random sample of "who you got?"

Posted · Report post

Come tomorrow, UNC will likely be ranked number one in the nation. Thats a ranking they will hold at least until Wake beats them again next weekend. :)

They will definitely be a number one seed.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II']Come tomorrow, UNC will likely be ranked number one in the nation. Thats a ranking they will hold at least until Wake beats them again next weekend. :)

They will definitely be a number one seed.[/quote]

I really want that rematch...Some unfinished business there.

Posted · Report post

Just because you are #1 in the nation doesn't mean you will get a #1 seed.

Posted · Report post

unc will be the overall #1 seed barring a 2nd round upset in the acc tourney

Posted · Report post

[quote name='solorca']When I think of UNC, the word that always stands out to me is "disrespected".

[/quote]

That made me laugh. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tarheelpride']unc will be the overall #1 seed barring a 2nd round upset in the acc tourney[/quote]

Agreed, they will seal it by getting to the ACC championship game. Don't even have to win it and they have the number one overall. I just want them to win it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='tarheelblue89']Just because you are #1 in the nation doesn't mean you will get a #1 seed.[/quote]

Has it ever happened that the current number one didn't get a top seed?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Htar']I really want that rematch...Some unfinished business there.[/quote]

And I want a rematch with with either Virginia Tech or Miami since they are only two teams in the ACC this year that we did not defeat. So I will be pulling for one of them Friday. :)

Posted · Report post

the number one seed should be based on a season's work, not the outcome of a tournament where you have a bunch of desperate teams trying to get into the dance.

Posted · Report post

UNC will get a one seed regardless of what happens in the ACC tourney. Memphis should NOT get a one seed...I think Oklahoma deserves a one seed before Memphis. Hell, I'd give Louisville a number 1 before Memphis. Memphis plays in a shit conference and their OOC schedule wasn't nearly as tough as their OOC schedule from last year. As for Oklahoma I think 2 of their losses came with Blake Griffen on the bench.

My prediction for the one seeds are UNC, UConn, Pitt, Oklahoma

The team I'm most worried about playing is Pitt.

Posted · Report post

1 seeds

UNC, Memphis (give them a 1 seed, i think they earned it), Pitt, Louisville

Posted · Report post

The #1 should be UNC, UConn, Pitt and MEM. LOU shouldnt get one. That being said UNC wont make the final 4 this year and the Big East could have 3 in it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II']Has it ever happened that the current number one didn't get a top seed?[/quote]

Highly doubt it, i'm just saying that the rankings don't mean anything.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Htar']the number one seed should be based on a season's work, not the outcome of a tournament where you have a bunch of desperate teams trying to get into the dance.[/quote]

So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?

Posted · Report post

It's not where you start...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='X-Clown']So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?[/quote]

They didn't start high enough, have too many losses, will end up with a 2 seed based on that, which aint bad. UNC started the season at 1, finished the regular season at 1.

Posted · Report post

What has Memphis done to "earn" a 1 seed? Play in a crappy conference? The only tough games they've had, they've lost, except against Gonzaga. Their toughest opponents this year aside from Gonzaga were Syracuse, Georgetown and Xavier....games they lost. Are you serious???

Posted · Report post

[quote name='X-Clown']So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?[/quote]

We would get consideration, but I don't think we would get it, unless there are few upsets in other tournaments.

Of course I would settle for being a number two in whatever region Memphis is a number one (if Memphis gets one). Thats nearly as good as being a number one.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Htar']They didn't start high enough, have too many losses, will end up with a 2 seed based on that, which aint bad. UNC started the season at 1, finished the regular season at 1.[/quote]

I don't think starting position means that much. Wake made it to number one. The to many losses are the losses to Miami, GT, and NCSU. Win one of those and we have a good shot at number one. Win all three and we are a 1 regardless of what happens this weekend.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II']I don't think starting position means that much. Wake made it to number one. The to many losses are the losses to Miami, GT, and NCSU. Win one of those and we have a good shot at number one. Win all three and we are a 1 regardless of what happens this weekend.[/quote]

Yeah starting position is based upon pre-season expectations, which is useless in both college football and basketball. There shouldn't be a poll until the first month of the season is completed. I guess my thing is that if Louisville wins the Big East tourney, they would get 1 seed consideration, even though they would also have 5 losses.