#31 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Here is my take on the retranslation. First an extensive study on that alone and how it has gone thru could keep you busy for several years.
Stick with me here. We have God, Creator of the Universe. He speaks and there is light and salamanders etc.
Now, we got this here Creator, do you think he is going to be looking over at an ice storm on Pluto and miss when some absent minded scribe jots down the wrong info at the peril of the people he created?
Faith danileson. That is why it is called faith.
Faith is ANTI logic. That is why we love underdogs in so many areas of life.
That is why they make the best movies. Nobody wants to pay to see a movie where everything goes according to plan. How lame and boring.
We love George Mason. We love the autistic kid nailing 3's. We love the person born unable to walk only to win mulitple Olympic medals(Wilma Rudolph).
So much stats and algorithms that tells what is supposed to happen and when it doesn't go according to plan we flip or think there must be an scientific explanation.
The unknown trips us up and it gnaws at us.

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

Here is my take on the retranslation. First an extensive study on that alone and how it has gone thru could keep you busy for several years.
Stick with me here. We have God, Creator of the Universe. He speaks and there is light and salamanders etc.
Now, we got this here Creator, do you think he is going to be looking over at an ice storm on Pluto and miss when some absent minded scribe jots down the wrong info at the peril of the people he created?
Faith danileson. That is why it is called faith.
Faith is ANTI logic. That is why we love underdogs in so many areas of life.
That is why they make the best movies. Nobody wants to pay to see a movie where everything goes according to plan. How lame and boring.
We love George Mason. We love the autistic kid nailing 3's. We love the person born unable to walk only to win mulitple Olympic medals(Wilma Rudolph).
So much stats and algorithms that tells what is supposed to happen and when it doesn't go according to plan we flip or think there must be an scientific explanation.
The unknown trips us up and it gnaws at us.

Here's something that has been gnawing at me ever since I found out about it (during the hullaballoo over the Da Vinci Code)...if that Roman emperor doesn't install Christianity in Rome (as a way to control the masses) in 300 AD, do we even know who Jesus Christ was today?

#33 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,481 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

No.

Same as if you were born in Tikrit. You'd be learning about Muhammad.

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

Here's something that has been gnawing at me ever since I found out about it (during the hullaballoo over the Da Vinci Code)...if that Roman emperor doesn't install Christianity in Rome (as a way to control the masses) in 300 AD, do we even know who Jesus Christ was today?

"bloody catholics filling the bloody world up with people they can't afford to bloody feed.

What are we dear?

Protestant! and fiercely proud of it!"

#35 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

Constantine? He made Christianity "legal" more or less. Thus he is the one you could say began the blurring of the line between church and state. Edict of Milan for reference.
There is a great book called "Will the Real Heretics please stand up?"
It takes on 2nd AD Christianity and how they got TOO involved in politics, civilian affairs and got off the right path and being just like any other big corp.
Sadly today, there is alot of blurring. Far too many churches use the pulpit for politics or propagnada or to bilk money out of the poor people in the audience.
A "true" christian will stand out. It will be obvious. During Rome's heyday, they didn't actually hunt down christians until that person was ACCUSED of being one. Think about that.

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

Constantine? He made Christianity "legal" more or less. Thus he is the one you could say began the blurring of the line between church and state. Edict of Milan for reference.
There is a great book called "Will the Real Heretics please stand up?"
It takes on 2nd AD Christianity and how they got TOO involved in politics, civilian affairs and got off the right path and being just like any other big corp.
Sadly today, there is alot of blurring. Far too many churches use the pulpit for politics or propagnada or to bilk money out of the poor people in the audience.
A "true" christian will stand out. It will be obvious. During Rome's heyday, they didn't actually hunt down christians until that person was ACCUSED of being one. Think about that.

Yea, it's crazy when you meet "true christians" it's almost like being around real people!

/i keed......mostly.

#37 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

No.

Same as if you were born in Tikrit. You'd be learning about Muhammad.

Over a thousand years ago, it possessed a fortress and a large Christian monastery. It was renowned as a centre for the production of woolen textiles. The Arab Uqaylid Dynasty took hold of Tikrit in 1036. :ihih:

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

Yea, it's crazy when you meet "true christians" it's almost like being around real people!

/i keed......mostly.

Everybody is flawed. The microscope is out though when someone claims to be a christian. The example many set is just not good.
To me often times the best example a christian can set is to apologize when they blow it and admit thier faults.

#39 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,481 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

Over a thousand years ago, it possessed a fortress and a large Christian monastery. It was renowned as a centre for the production of woolen textiles. The Arab Uqaylid Dynasty took hold of Tikrit in 1036. :ihih:

Present day, obviously.

I understand the quip, but you can't argue that religion is directly related to where you're born and who you're born to.

#40 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Present day, obviously.

I understand the quip, but you can't argue that religion is directly related to where you're born and who you're born to.

I was born in Dover Delaware yet I like grits?
I know I know.
Your location at the time of birth plays a huge role. No doubt about it.
Once you venture from home the cards are out.

#41 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

http://www.evilbible.../Impossible.htm

Interesting argument.

Edited by Misty_Mountain_Hop, 09 March 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#42 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,287 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Evilbible.com

Your welcome.

#43 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Lol.

#44 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Everybody is flawed. The microscope is out though when someone claims to be a christian. The example many set is just not good.
To me often times the best example a christian can set is to apologize when they blow it and admit thier faults.

Oh I'm just kidding. Everybody's doing the best that they can with the information that they have.

#45 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

Nope, will just be more amazed by the ORDER that exists...And perplexed by the mechanisms that make them so, or WHAT/WHO made them so.

The more unfathomable things become for you, you except as some sloppy, cosmic accident.

Ugh.

The Teleological argument? I don't really want to get in to why you are so wrong about "sloppy" and "accident", since those are the LAST words any self respecting biologist would use to describe Evolution and Natural Selection.

The dysteleological or "argument from poor design" has flaws as well, but doesn't it make you wonder why a Creator would create flawed organisms?
Organisms with suboptimal features?
To me that speaks to a PROCESS (ie evolution and natural selection....trial and error) rather than an omnipotent, omniscient creator.
Cuz......he'd get it right......right?

This is only ONE refutation of your concept. The fact is, no biologist would EVER use "sloppy" or "random".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.