32 replies to this topic

#1 the212

the212

It ain't what it was.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:34 AM

Hope this helps. Cincinnati, after watching their game vs. NY twice tonight, is really thin, and bad.

http://the212daily.c...olinas-counter/

Enjoy the game, and thanks again for the platform.

#2 djax99

djax99

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

thanks for the link

#3 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

Hope this helps. Cincinnati, after watching their game vs. NY twice tonight, is really thin, and bad.

But now that you say this, they'll probably rock us. :P

#4 RoadRunner

RoadRunner

Losing suckeths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationDesert

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

This is the Panther's best chance so far to really shine, I hope they take advantage of it and polish up their act. Can't wait, getting anxious. :lurk5:

#5 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

They're pretty much in a similar situation as us last year. Rookie QB (roughly equivalent talent and size and all too), rookie WR starting. Good running game on paper, but Benson isn't nearly as good as either of our RBs. Their defense has potential and has been very good in the past, and Zimmer is a good DC, but the loss of Joseph will hurt them (similar in concept to our loss of Peppers). Don't be surprised if Cincinnati is picking first next year.

#6 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

I say at this point, we need to just start Fua and McClain in the middle. I'm tired of seeing Hayden and Irvin in the game as we get gashed by the run. Let the rookies develop...and they seem to be better than the other guys we have anyway.

#7 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Gruden actually has earned high praise by a number of football pundits for his knowledge, creativity and understanding of offense in football. He was a starting Qb for Louisville in college and set lots of collegiate records. He played Qb in the arena league for 12 years. While his experience is in the Arena league, he has many roles including a head coach. Working for his brother surely gave him experience with NFL offenses for 6 years in Tampa.
For that matter, outside of a short stint as OC for Cleveland, Chud has spend the majority of his time as a position coach which doesn't exactly overqualify him for OC here.

Other than Dalton who is getting most of the reps in camp which he needs, Cincinatti also has Gradkowski who has been a career backup but has had some good games especially for Oakland in 2009 before he got injured.

This game will not be as easy as folks think and we could easily lose it. After all how many TDs has Newton thrown or how many drives have we scores point on with him as QB. I remember 2 field goals. Hard to win with 6 points.

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,640 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

So in other words, if we can't beat them tonight then it's officially time to panic.

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

Gruden actually has earned high praise by a number of football pundits for his knowledge, creativity and understanding of offense in football. He was a starting Qb for Louisville in college and set lots of collegiate records. He played Qb in the arena league for 12 years. While his experience is in the Arena league, he has many roles including a head coach. Working for his brother surely gave him experience with NFL offenses for 6 years in Tampa.
For that matter, outside of a short stint as OC for Cleveland, Chud has spend the majority of his time as a position coach which doesn't exactly overqualify him for OC here.

Other than Dalton who is getting most of the reps in camp which he needs, Cincinatti also has Gradkowski who has been a career backup but has had some good games especially for Oakland in 2009 before he got injured.

This game will not be as easy as folks think and we could easily lose it. After all how many TDs has Newton thrown or how many drives have we scores point on with him as QB. I remember 2 field goals. Hard to win with 6 points.

Nobody likes a negative Nancy! Oh yeah, do the words Cam to Smitty mean anything to you? How about Cam to Olsen/Shockey/Nanne/Edwards/Pilares?

DeAngelo/Stewart?

No way in hell we lose this game tonight bro

No way in hell our Defense looks that pooty twice in a row.

The new Era begins tonight. I'm excited to see how they will roll offensively. It will be important for them to know that they can do it going into the Season opener. This is what u call a confidence building game.

Go get em Cam and company! We (the fans) are anticipating your coming out party tonight!

#10 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

If the whole world was full of realist this life would be very depressing. Hope, Faitl and an abundance of confidence in cam newton keep me going.

#11 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

Nobody likes a negative Nancy! Oh yeah, do the words Cam to Smitty mean anything to you? How about Cam to Olsen/Shockey/Nanne/Edwards/Pilares?

DeAngelo/Stewart?

No way in hell we lose this game tonight bro

No way in hell our Defense looks that pooty twice in a row.

The new Era begins tonight. I'm excited to see how they will roll offensively. It will be important for them to know that they can do it going into the Season opener. This is what u call a confidence building game.

Go get em Cam and company! We (the fans) are anticipating your coming out party tonight!

And folks love a frenetic rah-rah. I will surely be hoping we win tonight and do well but to say that we are in trouble if we lose or that there is no way we can lose tonight really is overestimating where we are at this point and underestimating the effect of playing on the road. It is difficult to win on the road even in preseason. Miami surely showed that. Newton has virtually no experience at all and little chemistry with Smith or any of the wideouts. Zimmer will gameplan tonight and take away Smith and Olsen and blitz regularly. With the right side of the O line decimated they will overload that side and bring the heat. Cincy will be embarrassed after the last loss and will be doing everything to win in front of the hometown fans.

It is not a great set up for us and I simply tried to interject a voice of reason here.

But since folks prefer over the top proclamations to reason, carry on!!:D

#12 kungfoodude

kungfoodude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

If we can't flatten Cincy then we probably are looking pretty rough for the reg. season. Especially if our offense is still sputtering with Smith being back.

#13 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Once upon a time, I use to respect what these so called football pundits said in regards to other players and coaches. Today's pundits are way to bias and agenda seeking for me to trust what they have to say. As the saying goes, it's not what u know is who u know in high places that seems to count. Sad but true philosophy practiced by our sport media.

#14 the212

the212

It ain't what it was.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

http://the212daily.c...newtons-upside/

One of Newton's bright moments as a young pro, broken down.

#15 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

Agreed, p55. I don't think it'll be a walk in the park, and I honestly don't care about the outcome anyway. Like someone said before, the Colts have a terrible preseason record and the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason of their historic 0-16 regular season. But, when the dust settles and the 2011-2012 season is over, I think the Bengals have as good a shot at the #1 overall pick as anyone else. With possibly the Broncos and Bills as their biggest competition for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.