Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man made global warming DEBUNKED by CERN.

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Environmentalism, like most isms, often turns in to a finger pointing fugfest.

It is all well and good to get back to nature...until the lights go out and you have to deal with the creepy crawlies.

Fug that, we have technology now, and we need it, cuz tool building is what saved us from getting selected out a long time ago.

we just need to understand that a reasonable balance between all out pillaging of the planet and barely scraping by is probably where it is at, and a whole lot more STFU from all the politically motivated hack "scientists" would be a good thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pure speculation, much like everything else you talk about. It is impossible to verify this comment. o_O

I apologize...i should have stated that Uranus has developed clouds for the first time since we've been keeping tabs on the planet. I doubt that it is the first time EVER, as it's likely its happened before in the past 2,590 years. Nonetheless, the solar system is collectively experiencing dramatic changes as the sun nears the ecliptic plane of the milky way galaxy, hence all the climactic activity.

Posted

The Earth is not a closed system so it's damn near impossible to prove either way of the argument.

Regardless, why would we take the risk of severely damaging our eco system just so we aren't iinconvenienced? Who would be that dumb?

Posted

The Earth is not a closed system so it's damn near impossible to prove either way of the argument.

Regardless, why would we take the risk of severely damaging our eco system just so we aren't iinconvenienced? Who would be that dumb?

"Dumb" isn't the most accurate motivator for people to not be environmentally sound in their decisions.

"Lazy" is a much better description of the reasons why.

Posted

I would assume by now that everyone's come to the realization that global warming due to man-made co2 is a fabricated scheme designed to generate profits and bring about control. It is a farce, it is a lie. Period. Now don't get me wrong, taking care of the planet is essential, however this planet is slowly turning into a wasteland by many corporations and industries. The establishment motto is "do as i say, not as i do."

Posted

Stop the presses...I think Venom just posted something not too goofy!

Posted

Lord knows, Al Gore isn't making a dime off of any of it.

Posted

You can set each end of a rope afire with a blowtorch and then light the middle with a match... Ultimately, the flame consumes the rope completely... It doesn't really matter the contributing factors when all you have are ashes...

Posted

I'm morally opposed to protecting the environment at the expense of industry. And people trade risk for convenience all the time. It's why most of you drive a car to work instead of taking a bus or carpooling.

If endangered animals were tasty, I'd put them on buns and dress them with mayonnaise from condor eggs.

Posted

i dont get why its so hard to fathom that pollutants and greenhouse gases could possibly alter the quality of air and a hole in the atmosphere. I guess everything I learned from 2nd grade thru high school and into college is just a huge conspiracy theory.

Posted

Well, considering o-zone depletion has nothing to do with global warming, it sounds like you slept through the parts of class discussing environmental damage.

Posted

i dont get why its so hard to fathom that pollutants and greenhouse gases could possibly alter the quality of air and a hole in the atmosphere.

Can people affect the environment negatively? Sure. Go Google "Cuyahoga River". Google "EPA Superfund". Hell, just Google "Deepwater Horizon". People can be destructive.

But the question, is; Can people affect the Global environment?

This is really, really hard to answer, because we don't know exactly what level of pollution is us, or nature.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/index.php

Volcanoes release more than 130 million tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere every year

Think about the trillions of tonnes of CO2 gas released in just the past 15,000 years. And actually, the farther back you go into the past, the more geologically active the Earth was. So this number is probably lowering.

And yet, there have been ice ages, even in the past 100,000 years.

I guess everything I learned from 2nd grade thru high school and into college is just a huge conspiracy theory.

Is it so hard to believe? Schools once taught that the world was flat. Just because a teacher, or a group of people promotes a particular scientific aspect as true, doesn't take away from the fact until conclusively proven, it is just theory.

This is the problem with our current academic attitudes. Concepts are taught as fact. Facts are ignored if it doesn't "Fit" with the concensus view. And the average person is left in the dark.