Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Kalil

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea, those O linemen don't really have any impact on your team...

Posted

Yeah and Steve Smith doesnt have any impacted on the team either, i mean if he goes down we would be perfectly fine at receiver right? Look, at the end of the day we would be getting a great player im sure, its just all about who makes a bigger impact to me its still early in the season so who knows what we will need. But its know more a guarantee were gonna draft a OL first than a WR. Up in the air.

Posted

Ok panther scout.

Back at you.

Posted

I just don't see us drafting Kalil. We have two good Tackles. They really like Byron Bell, who played well sunday against Clay Matthews, and Kalil doesn't have the size to move inside.

Just don't see it.

Posted

If we don't draft Kalil, there's another good prospect in Jonathan Martin, left tackle for Stanford.

Posted

If we have a shot at Kalil we really should take him. yes, we have bigger needs, but right now I don't think there is a CB or DT at the same value as Kalil.

Posted

Matt Kalil also blocked a kick, or was it a XP, cant remember, against Cal last week.

Very versatile and with Otah not being able to be counted on, he should get a hard look.

Posted

I think St. Louis will end up drafting him first in all honesty. Not unless they start winning games pretty soon here.

Posted

Matt Kalil also blocked a kick, or was it a XP, cant remember, against Cal last week.

Very versatile and with Otah not being able to be counted on, he should get a hard look.

Matt Kalil has three blocks on the season so far....

Posted

If we don't draft Kalil, there's another good prospect in Jonathan Martin, left tackle for Stanford.

Yea, the Stanford guy is one of 4 I mentioned in the mock draft thread I'd be interested in if we're picking top 10. Some stuff I've read about him implies he'd be better as a RT anyway, his pass blocking score is only a 3 on the ESPN Scout Insider system for draft prospects. Kalil's is a 1. Picking a RT in the top 10 is a bit high, though. Ideally (if we're taking an OT) we can get Kalil and let Gross switch back to RT soon afterward. I wouldn't be disappointed with Martin though.

Posted

Outside of one missed block on a WR screen where he was out on the edge, Kalil was dominant last night. The entire Trojans o-line showed up keeping Barkley upright the entire contest. Along with helping the line to a zero sacks allowed performance, Kalil almost blocked another kick in the game....

Posted

Probably the next Joe Thomas and won't be available when we pick, even if we pick third overall.