180 replies to this topic

#151 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

I'm making a note of that... You can't be serious for another 365 days... Is that how long a flat Earth takes to rotate?

No I believe that is 24 hours. The sun revolves around the earth in 365 days.

#152 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

No I believe that is 24 hours. The sun revolves around the earth in 365 days.

I thought the world revolved around me?

#153 RockECU

RockECU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

It makes zero sense to me and is a major reason why I don't prescribe to Christianity or any other religion for that matter.

I do, however, believe that Jesus did exist and that his philosophy is one that would get you to heaven.

Those quotes seem conflicting...

#154 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

Those quotes seem conflicting...

They're not.

#155 RockECU

RockECU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

Yes, letting yourself die "for others sins" is a quicker way to get yourself to heaven than to just live your life to the fullest.

Kidding aside, I see what you're saying.

#156 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

Well then what exactly do you call it? Pagan's had dibs, then here came the Christian's passing it off as their own.

I dont understand the uproar.

Why can't all the groups that claim it (whatever it may be to them) just celebrate it? Instead of certain groups trying to keep another down. Seems like a big fuss over some little poo. If you celebrate something else...then just celebrate that.

#157 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

a lot of you are misinformed about the bible.lots of you alls questions are answered in the bible i would suggest everybody get one and read it.

#158 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

I dont understand the uproar.

Why can't all the groups that claim it (whatever it may be to them) just celebrate it? Instead of certain groups trying to keep another down. Seems like a big fuss over some little sh*t. If you celebrate something else...then just celebrate that.

scpanther is the one pissed about others celebrating it. Don't lump me in with him. I think it's wonderful everyone can celebrate the holidays.

#159 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

a lot of you are misinformed about the bible.lots of you alls questions are answered in the bible i would suggest everybody get one and read it.

Have one and read it many times. Also took religion in college and studied the bible as literature.

#160 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

scpanther is the one pissed about others celebrating it. Don't lump me in with him. I think it's wonderful everyone can celebrate the holidays.

Oh I know....wasnt meant exactly for you...just thought that was a good post to reply to. No hard feelings. I dont realyy have a dog in this fight.

#161 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

i am not mad like i said in the other post if anything i feel sorry for you but i not mad.

#162 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

I don't have to be a Christian to appreciate what Jesus the Philosopher stood for. Peace, love, equality. I think we can all celebrate that this time of year, no?

Good answer - I was starting to think that there was no answer to the thread question that did not involve attempts to insult Christians and/or Christianity

#163 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

I do believe the man existed. He is mentioned by an impartial historian as one of many messiah's of the time. None of his miracles or anything are mentioned, just that a Rabi with radical ideas was around. The gospels themselves can't get the story straight, for instance, who saw Jesus after he rose? They don't even agree on that simple story, which leads me to believe there were a lot of stories and speculations at the time. That probably explains the picking and choosing of which stories make up the bible by a bunch of politicians.

Anywho, I believe what I believe, I celebrate Christmas which is a holiday that has absorbed many pagan rituals, (christmas trees for example), because I think its a nice holiday and the overall message of Peace and good will toward men is a good one. :)

I don't bash you for why you want to celebrate it.

again good answer

edt - I am also cognizant as I read on that the OP does not seem to have the same respect for other beliefs that he wants everyone to have for his own.

Edited by Go To Girl, 06 December 2008 - 08:51 AM.

#164 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

so you are not apart of any organized religon.
sounds like to me a bad church turned you off.you need to come to my church it is great.

Not wanting to sound like I'm bashing you, but you said this in Zod's Of Religions thread

i am a christian and never tried to convert somebody thats a j witness type of thing.

http://www.carolinah...50&postcount=16

I wouldn't have remembered the quote except that I responded to it. Wasm't even sure it was you, but looked it up and it was.

#165 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

I had no idea non christians were so obsessed with christianity. Seems that a lot of the threads on this board right now are non christians talking about christianity. I guess these types of threads are all we have to look forward to for the next four years since Bush is no longer president.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 06 December 2008 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.