Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherBrew

DT Marcus Harrison failed physical

191 posts in this topic

I agree with you there. I HATE when they lose. I just know with everything that this team is right now, we just aren't going to win many games. It just can't happen right away. So I'm just going to go with the flow and hope to see plenty of improvement, and reasons to be excited about the future.

Hell regardless of anything that happens this year at any other position, if Cam starts and plays in all 16 games and holds his own while peppering in a few wow plays, this whole offseason was a win in my opinion.

I don't expect to win but I do want to be competitive. I'm sorry if I don't want to see a another team march down the field on us.

1. We won't get to see Cam as much.

2.If a Young Qb can lose confidence what about 2 young DT getting their asses kicked.

3. 3 DT no game exp. who does this???

4. remeber in 2008 when we could get 1st downs on 3rd and 15 draw plays. Now feel how that's going to be us giving up 3rd and 15 1st downs.

I don't expect to win but I do want to be competitive. I'm sorry if I don't want to see a another team march down the field on us.

1. We won't get to see Cam as much.

2.If a Young Qb can lose confidence what about 2 young DT getting their asses kicked.

3. 3 DT no game exp. who does this???

4. remeber in 2008 when we could get 1st downs on 3rd and 15 draw plays. Now feel how that's going to be us giving up 3rd and 15 1st downs.

Well Neblett did play some last year, but that's unimportant. No need to apologize, I will be pissed to see it too. Hell I was pissed in preseason. But the fact is that we want these young guys to play, and we want them to learn. We kept the 3 guys that showed the most on the field (Yes even Neblett looked good at times). Part of coaching is putting guys in positions to do well and being able to hide or help your weaknesses. Lets just see how we plan to do it and if it helps before we start a lynch mob, ya know?

I don't really think these guys will learn anything other than how to get plowed without any direct instruction on the field from someone who's been productive in the NFL (in that position).

You may not poo yourself over it, but why poo on others for it? Do you expect people to apologize for caring on the Carolina Huddle? If you self styled pragmatists are so above it all why do you feel the need to write paragraphs about how idiotic everyone else is? Go do your important things and leave everyone else to be passionate about the Panthers for whatever reason.

shouldn't there be a reasonable standard?

dissent is more than ok, but isn't it absurd when people fling constantly from one fringe of the spectrum to the other, almost whimsically at times, knighting a player/staff member at one moment and damning him to the nth level of hell at the next?

it's not vapid pragmatism to call out the fundamental stupidity of knee-jerk reactions.

Well Neblett did play some last year, but that's unimportant. No need to apologize, I will be pissed to see it too. Hell I was pissed in preseason. But the fact is that we want these young guys to play, and we want them to learn. We kept the 3 guys that showed the most on the field (Yes even Neblett looked good at times). Part of coaching is putting guys in positions to do well and being able to hide or help your weaknesses. Lets just see how we plan to do it and if it helps before we start a lynch mob, ya know?

I want them to learn to but while they learn I don't want to see our high salary LB getting mashed by 300lb lineman.

shouldn't there be a reasonable standard?

dissent is more than ok, but isn't it absurd when people fling constantly from one fringe of the spectrum to the other, almost whimsically at times, knighting a player/staff member at one moment and damning him to the nth level of hell at the next?

it's not vapid pragmatism to call out the fundamental stupidity of knee-jerk reactions.

It's called being a fan. When you don't care anymore that is the problem.

But the complaints about the DT position hasn't been knee-jerk. It's been a common worry all offseason alongside the O-line and CBs.

But the complaints about the DT position hasn't been knee-jerk. It's been a common worry all offseason alongside the O-line and CBs.

I know people act like they didn't see Reggie Bush become Eddide George right before our eyes. Or Benson and Benard fuging Scott look like LT and AP. Coaching staff even admits it was a problem.

right, but people haven't been griping to this extent.

world-class fatty who nobody had heard of prior to sunday gets cut and all of a sudden our glossy superbowl chances have been sunk and hurney, who the day before was freshly brilliant for his adroit maneuvering to land us Max Jean-Gilles and Hangman, is whipped and crucified within five minutes.

the truth is, no matter how many people say the nfl is a passing game, if you can't stop the run you can't stop poo