54 replies to this topic

#16 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Like Cliff Harris a lot. Kirkpatrick... I should like him; there's no real reason not to, but for some reason I just really don't.

#17 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

I like Janoris Jenkins a lot but he is not a guy our FO would like based on his alcoholism and drug use.

I don't really like any DTs at the top of this draft yet.. not sure it will be a big position of need.. depending on how Fua and McClain do this year, but I could see it going either way.

I think WR has a big shot to be our top pick next year too.

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

Like Cliff Harris a lot. Kirkpatrick... I should like him; there's no real reason not to, but for some reason I just really don't.

Cliff Brings more to the table with his returning ability. I believe we need to address this as well. Getting an explosive return man like harris would be great for the special teams. I know this would probably make Armanti obsolete. We need a dynamic guy like that returning kicks. Hurney would be stubborn though. Which would put a crease in the idea of getting this guy.

#19 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Jayron Hosley is looking good. I just caught part of the Marshall vs VT game, The first play I'm paying attention to him, he forces a fumble and recovers it. The guy is a ball hawk and physical. I wouldn't mind him either.

#20 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

http://www.timesdail...-Jenkins,183217

Scouting the Lions

NFL scouts have spent plenty of time at UNA practices this fall and many were on hand for Thursday’s game.

Scouts from the Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints were all in attendance Thursday, as well as the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL.

#21 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

http://www.timesdail...-Jenkins,183217

Getting kicked out of the game early surely didn't help his draft stock with all his priors. Wonder if he will slip to round 2.

#22 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Getting kicked out of the game early surely didn't help his draft stock with all his priors. Wonder if he will slip to round 2.

doubt that hurts his stock, i think he will go in the 2nd anyways.

#23 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

doubt that hurts his stock, i think he will go in the 2nd anyways.

Dude is first round talent. The thing that might drop him to the second is his off the field issues.

#24 soysauce2580

soysauce2580

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

True, but I believe we're fine at Slot nickel package, Munnerlyn and Burney would be our go to guys.

I'm not giving up on gamble, but we need a blue chip CB next to Gamble, also Gamble is getting older, he'll need replacing soon.

Do you think we'll resign Burney?

#25 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Do you think we'll resign Burney?

Seeing he was let go, I doubt it. I would take a chance on him though. But if he was let go, I doubt the FO would do it.

#26 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

ESPN Insider is real high on Morris Claiborne from LSU right now. Has him as the top CB, I think he was #11 or so overall prospect. Cliff Harris wasn't in the top 25, but from what little I've watched on any college prospects, Harris is my favorite CB so far.

#27 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

I hope you're right, getting Harris in the 2nd round would be a steal.

#28 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Morris Clayborne 89 yard INT. He almost scored, he should have but was a bit over zealous. Hahah. Could be better than Patrick Peterson?

#29 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

I watched the "NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season" and other highlights videos on youtube on everyone mentioned in this thread so far and I really think the best value we could get (judging by what we've seen so far) would be to pick BPA from WR or DT (probably WR) in the 1st and pick a CB in the 2nd. CB is super deep in this draft. Would could probably get Blackmon or Jeffrey in the 1st (or that Thompson guy from Clemson if he looks to be legitimate by then) and then get Cliff Harris or Minnifield or Gilmore (in that order of preference) in the 2nd. I'm assuming Kirkpatrick gets overdrafted because of his measurables and he and Jenkins get picked in the 1st. I'd say Harris also has a good chance of going in the 1st, but if not I'd love to draft him.

Minnifield has good size, looks like he has pretty good instincts (he was sniffing out those screen passes and breaking down on them very well). He'd be a good choice in the 2nd.

Gilmore has really good size and looks like he has a bit of a nasty streak. Good at tackling low, but needs to wrap up more than just hitting low with his shoulder pads.

I think either of those guys would be very good picks in the 2nd if Kirkpatrick, Jenkins and Harris go in the 1st. Rhodes looked solid too, but I'd take Minnifield or Gilmore before him. I think the drop off in CB to the 2nd round should be much less severe than other positions. We could probably get a much better CB in the 2nd than WR or DT.

DT just doesn't look like a good class this year, so far. I think we should probably address that in FA. Go hard at the top DT in FA this year and not even look at other positions until we've gotten the best DT we can. Go WR in the 1st, CB in the 2nd, fill out o-line and just get BPA after the 2nd.

#30 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

I'm also assuming Claiborne goes in the 1st, he'd be a good choice if he fell to the 2nd too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.