Photo
- - - - -

Jerry Richardson cool with the air guitar?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Jerry was not happy. He prefers the air banjo.

#17 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:27 PM

Im not even old and i can say the NFL just aint how it used to be smh

#18 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

Believe the penalty was for going to the ground.

Yea on the broadcast they said the penalty was for dropping to the ground. Which I don't get because I'm pretty sure I've seen players drop to their knees a thousand times and I'm sure we all remember this.

#19 rainwater

rainwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

Thanks to the new pansy kickoff rules, it was more like a 5 yard penalty..no big deal

Actually, it's even worse this year since the kicking team can only get a 5 yard running start. This is not talked about much but is a big reason for so many kick returns the first week.

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

Wesley Walls would have been flagged for his TD celebration had the old rules been applied back then.

Hate when they act like the No Fun League.

#21 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:43 AM

I guess if he hadn't done it at the feet of a ref...

I thought the same thing also until I saw Matt and Mike do their celebrations in front their respective refs.

I honestly felt it was a ishy call which went in line with the many ridiculous penalties the team was getting.

#22 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

Believe the penalty was for going to the ground.

Or maybe the refs in the NFL have it out for Cam cause they know he has a tendency of loving to celebrate???

Honestly it was a stupid call on the part of the ref. The fact that we're left to figure out why Cam was punished and not anyone else for their celebrations on Sunday is even more of a reason to think that the call was more implusive than warranted. Talk about treating a game like we're in the old Soviet Union.

#23 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

Yea on the broadcast they said the penalty was for dropping to the ground. Which I don't get because I'm pretty sure I've seen players drop to their knees a thousand times and I'm sure we all remember this.

The rules changed around 2007 or so, likely in direct response to the antics of Smitty, Ochocinco, and TO that year. Lame.

Edited by KSpan, 15 September 2011 - 07:32 AM.

#24 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

When Smith was at his best he was having fun in the endzone. I say bring the fun back take the penalties and say fug it. If we had a defense like a honey badger the 15 yard penalty would mean nothing.

Football is a game of inches. I am all about having fun, but you can't get 15 yard penalties.

#25 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Or maybe the refs in the NFL have it out for Cam cause they know he has a tendency of loving to celebrate???

Honestly it was a stupid call on the part of the ref. The fact that we're left to figure out why Cam was punished and not anyone else for their celebrations on Sunday is even more of a reason to think that the call was more implusive than warranted. Talk about treating a game like we're in the old Soviet Union.

Not going to touch this one. I don't see any part of the rule regarding touchdown celebrations that suggests the refs' call was wrong. There are a ton of calls that are subject to the refs' judgment; I don't see that as one of them.

#26 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

You really should learn football considering your user name.

Not going to touch this one. I don't see any part of the rule regarding touchdown celebrations that suggests the refs' call was wrong. There are a ton of calls that are subject to the refs' judgment; I don't see that as one of them.

It wasn't a judgment call at all. The rule says if you drop to a knee you get flagged. Cam clearly dropped to a knee therefore he deserved to get flagged. TO was flagged some year because he dropped to a knee and took a track stance. There are plenty rules that aren't clear and left up to the refs. That one isn't.

Edited by chef17, 14 September 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#27 RSXNova

RSXNova

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Im glad Cam got it out of his system. Now he can act like he has been there before.

#28 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

What I'm wondering is why they didn't flag the Cardinals receiver (Doucet?) who dropped to a knee in the endzone.

#29 dksmith17

dksmith17

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

What I'm wondering is why they didn't flag the Cardinals receiver (Doucet?) who dropped to a knee in the endzone.

From what I recall, you are allowed to pray but any other time you leave your feet for any reason its a flag.

ETA Doucet was praying