Photo
- - - - -

Here's a stat...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Cool.

#17 Smktlk

Smktlk

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

My thing is this. We just faced the best QB we will face all year and he did not have an easy day. Sure, no Davis. But we have been without Davis for years. We will be fine on that front (not as good, but still OK).

I honestly like our chances at making the wildcard. It would take a miracle for us to be a lock for the playoffs, given the youth and the adversity with the injuries, but it isn't THAT far fetched (although, it is a bit out there).

I like our chances at 10 wins. It is going to take a lot, but I got a feeling that WHEN we get this win next week, it is going to light a fire under the team. Call me crazy, a homer, or an idiot, but I just feel like it is possible. Cam has me believing!

You are crazy. You are an idiot. You are a homer.

#18 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:47 AM

57 % of the time I'm right all the time

#19 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

Who even cares about the playoffs? Why are you thinking about them? Just relax and enjoy the season's entertainment as the team progresses. The team isn't going to go from the worst in the league to the best in the league over the course of 1 truncated offseason.

And personally I would rather miss the playoffs and get a slightly higher draft pick as the team prepares for next year's run, than to make the playoffs and get massacred in the first round after Pugh gives up 4 touchdowns and embarrasses us on a national stage.

#20 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

Don't care much for making the playoffs, i want to make the superbowl and win it this time.

#21 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

I wanted to add the Jim Mora 'playoffs' video... but it would make me feel guilty because this team is definitely on it's way up.

It seems kinda silly to me to expect a playoff run considering the millions of factors the team is dealing with right now between a rookie HC, a rookie QB, injuries, weakness in the secondary, limited time to install both new offense AND defense... etc.

I am content with an improvement over last years record, with the knowledge that this team is going to get better quickly, which I think is happening. The playoffs are coming next year after the remaining pieces we need start to fall into place.

We have already been blessed with the number 1 component of a successful team, and that is a "franchise QB", and I like some of the things that Rivera is bringing to the table as well. Sit back and enjoy some exciting football this season, and have some patience everyone. We are headed in the right direction.

Edited by chris999, 20 September 2011 - 03:31 AM.