Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did we let go of Kasay?

96 posts in this topic

Posted

We let go of Kasay, to sign a kicker with a weak leg. If we still had him, I bet you we would have 22 points on the board instead of 16. It really hurts us when we can't get automatic 3's anymore.

Posted

I never agreed with letting Kasay go. If for nothing else, loyalty, but we didn't have to use that b/c he was Mr. Reliable.

Posted

Weak leg? are you serious?

Posted

Well Mare kicks it out of the end zone but I agree with you point. A FG puts that game away and he wont attempt a 51 yarder, we gained 13 yds on the punt, which has happened several tines this year.

Posted

I never agreed with letting Kasay go. If for nothing else, loyalty, but we didn't have to use that b/c he was Mr. Reliable.

You let go of Kasay, for someone who you can't trust to make 50+ field goals when Kasay could make them? And wtf happened at the end? You have zero confidence in your kicker to make a short FG from that range?

Posted

Mare has a pretty strong leg.

Posted

Why else are we electing to punt instead of going for 50+ FGs?

Posted

Game 1: We don't go for the 53 yarder which would have won the game if we hadn't come up 1 yard short.

Today: Didn't go for the 53 yarder first half when it had just started raining. Didn't go for the 50 yarder which would have iced it.

Insane.

Posted

The coaches seem to think he has a weak leg, considering we're passing up on 50-55 yard field goals. In fact, we just passed on a game clinching 53 yarder(think it was that long) in favor of a punt.

Posted

That's Rivera's call, but it has nothing to do with Mare's leg strength, he has a stronger leg than Kasay.

Posted

It's all on Rivera playing super conservative for a rookie coach. It's surreal.

Posted

The coaches wouldn't let Kasay attempt those kicks, either. Mare's leg is about 20 yards stronger than Kasay's.

It has nothing to do with leg strength, those were strategy decisions.