Photo
- - - - -

Julius Peppers, No Problem.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#91 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

How many superbowls did the Panthers win with Peppers?

How many superbowls did the Bears win with Peppers?

GB seemed to handle him pretty good yesterday.

#92 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

How many superbowls did the Panthers win with Peppers?

How many superbowls did the Bears win with Peppers?

GB seemed to handle him pretty good yesterday.

one person does not win the super bowl :out:

#93 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

To be a Top 5 in the league, you actually have to play like it. You can't just be it because of the first part of your statement. This fanbase hasn't exactly seen many great DE's so I guess that's another reason why they overrate Peppers.

Also, FWIW, Reggie White is the greatest DE to ever put on a Panther's uniform. Obviously he didn't have his best days here, but still, to be correct on the technicalities. Although it appears we have a good many people here who would take Peppers over Reggie because, after all Peppers is a "freak"!!!

can't tell if that is sarcasm or not, but peppers is easily the best DE the panthers have had and he is easily top5, not only can he sack but he can chase swing passes and can INT screens how many DEs can do that honestly?

#94 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Panther fans are likely the only people who would argue he isn't a top 5 DE.

That's ironic, because i distinctly remember Panther's fans getting all fired up and defensive whenever fans of opposing teams laughed at us for thinking Julius Peppers was a Top 5 DE.

As I've said, his legend here is bigger than his performance, and I won't hold that against you guys. He was one of the first faces of this team, he's a Tarheel, so i can understand why people are so enamored with him, but if we are being realistic, then it really isn't fair to the Trent Cole's and Dwight Freeney's of the world to act like Peppers is in his own class when those guys outperform on a year by year basis.

#95 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

can't tell if that is sarcasm or not, but peppers is easily the best DE the panthers have had and he is easily top5, not only can he sack but he can chase swing passes and can INT screens how many DEs can do that honestly?

lol...if you honestly just compared Julius Peppers to Reggie White, I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore now. As I said, Reggie may have not been at his best here, but if we are discussing who is the best DE to ever put on a Panther's uniform, Julius can't even hold Reggie's butt pads.

And most DE's can. That's their job in the modern NFL. Most DE's in today's NFl do that. Don't know where the concept comes from that Julius was the only DE in the league doing something besides rushing the passer. It's commonplace. Honestly.

#96 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

Bears Peppers>Panthers Peppers

What he was or did doesnt matter bc he's a beast now. I wish he played for the panthers like he plays for the bears. Oh and I hate UNC.

#97 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

That's ironic, because i distinctly remember Panther's fans getting all fired up and defensive whenever fans of opposing teams laughed at us for thinking Julius Peppers was a Top 5 DE.

As I've said, his legend here is bigger than his performance, and I won't hold that against you guys. He was one of the first faces of this team, he's a Tarheel, so i can understand why people are so enamored with him, but if we are being realistic, then it really isn't fair to the Trent Cole's and Dwight Freeney's of the world to act like Peppers is in his own class when those guys outperform on a year by year basis.

your full of it if you think cole and freeney are close or better then pep, i mean there good and all but freeney is nothing but a pass rusher and cole? really?

only person who comes close to peppers is prob ware

#98 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

lol...if you honestly just compared Julius Peppers to Reggie White, I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore now. As I said, Reggie may have not been at his best here, but if we are discussing who is the best DE to ever put on a Panther's uniform, Julius can't even hold Reggie's butt pads.

And most DE's can. That's their job in the modern NFL. Most DE's in today's NFl do that. Don't know where the concept comes from that Julius was the only DE in the league doing something besides rushing the passer. It's commonplace. Honestly.

geuss if kerry collins turned out to be peyton manning he would be considered the best QB panthers have had right? since we drafted him and all?

#99 jks85

jks85

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

lol at peppers having been great on "a couple of occasions." 6 pro bowls, 3 all pro teams is a couple occasions of great play? looks more like a history of elite play

#100 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Peppers isn't consistent. He is a definite play maker though. One of the best in the league.

Johnson is slowly turning into a play maker that is exciting to watch. He's not there yet though.