Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weymouthst

So I Praised Cam Newton in Public Speaking Class...

29 posts in this topic

I had a class like that once and did a speech about the history of the Panthers. Probably a lot different being that I live in N.C. and there were several other fans in the class, but they said we could choose our own topic and I figured I'd go with what I knew.

3/4 of the people in my class didn't know of Newton, or probably the NFL for that matter.

I got 2 shaking heads when I started talking, but I laughed it off. I live in Maine so I catch flak from time to time, but I am used to it.

My biggest point about Newton: He has, at the VERY least, given Carolina hope of success when compared to last year. I mean, 1000 yards and 4 TD's through 3 games, when Clausen had 1300 and 3 TD's through what, 13 or so games?

Jeez.

Yeah the guys a rookie, hes played 3 games, but damn.

It was funny though, people at my school don't know football, probably never heard of the Panthers. But eff em. Cam Newton be praised!

I feel ur pain...I'm a Yankee fan. Folks in New England are an interesting bunch when it comes to sports.:D

Cam has been great speaking to the media. He has obviously been very well coached, and he has been very receptive to that coaching. The kid wants to be a legend.. so far so good..

I don't get it when folks state that Cam is "well coached." Are u trying to say he is to stupid to know how to handle the media or are u simply feeding off of what u hear others say and not really thinking?

FYI, many of these athletes are "coached" as to how to handle today's media, even someone who is preceived to be "so intelligent" like Blaine Gabbert is well coached. Sadly Cam had to learn the hard way that today's media is nothing more than "gotcha" media.

Talking Cam Newton and the Panthers in a public speaking class = didn't prepare actual assignment, talked out of ass.

1 person likes this

My ex used to live in Bangor. I used to Bangor a lot.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

They were probably looking at you funny for doing a speech about a football player.

Do you live in Owee?

I don't get it when folks state that Cam is "well coached." Are u trying to say he is to stupid to know how to handle the media or are u simply feeding off of what u hear others say and not really thinking?

FYI, many of these athletes are "coached" as to how to handle today's media, even someone who is preceived to be "so intelligent" like Blaine Gabbert is well coached. Sadly Cam had to learn the hard way that today's media is nothing more than "gotcha" media.

I'm under the impression he was talking about Cam's play on the field.

When you say that many of these athletes are are "coached", are you saying that they are too stupid to know how to handle the media?

keep us updated

Yeah I am in Bangor, go to school at New England School of Communications.

Most people from Maine are Patriot fans. So I have to deal with some BS when I say I am a Panther's fan.

I follow all the other New England teams, Sox, Bruins, C's, but I am not a huge fan of those sports. I will watch the playoffs and a few random regular season games.

As for Carolina, I was a bout 6 years old when I became a fan. It was happenstance that they were an expansion team, no way I could have known that. It is nice though to be a fan of a franchise since it's inception.

I mentioned Jimmy's stats as a comparison to Cam's, absolutely no one knew who Jimmy Clausen was. That is probably a good thing.

1 person likes this

Do you live in Owee?

Brandon LaFell's alma mater.