26 replies to this topic

#1 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Check out this kid, Robert Griffin, out of Baylor. Would make a lot of sense as Cam's backup as the Gameplan wouldn't have to change much if he was to go down. He also could make a pretty good WR watch the play at the 6.15 mark. As of now probably is a mid to late round pick but if he keeps playing like he is he might sneak into RD 1 or 2.

Edited by jramsey4, 04 October 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#2 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yeah he made a name for himself last year and is in the Heisman race this year. I don't think I'd use a 2nd round pick on a QB considering we have other needs.

#3 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Someone will take him early, because a team will think they can turn him into the next Cam Newton. QB with very good mobility, with a big arm.. I can see it now. Not worth the pick for a backup position.

#4 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,821 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

McNabb will be the back up next season, just to get a ring. :D

#5 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,124 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

RUSSELL WILSON!

it hurts

#6 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Yeah he made a name for himself last year and is in the Heisman race this year. I don't think I'd use a 2nd round pick on a QB considering we have other needs.

I wouldn't either, I think that is where we address the DT position. I was thinking if he made it to the 4th. The kid has talent is all I can say and like I said he could make a pretty good WR as well.

Edited by jramsey4, 04 October 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#7 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Check out this kid, Robert Griffin, out of Baylor. Would make a lot of sense as Cam's backup as the Gameplan wouldn't have to change much if he was to go down. He also could make a pretty good WR watch the play at the 6.15 mark. As of now probably is a mid to late round pick but if he keeps playing like he is he might sneak into RD 1 or 2.

No, actually, as of now, he is a first round pick, one of 4-6 qbs going to be taken in the first round this coming up year (lucky, jones, barkley, griffin, moore etc)

#8 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

No, actually, as of now, he is a first round pick, one of 4-6 qbs going to be taken in the first round this coming up year (lucky, jones, barkley, griffin, moore etc)

Probably. Something tells me he is going to have a Newton type year and go in the top 10 but I don't think he is worth that (even if we had a need). But who knows he could hit a wall and make it into day 3.

#9 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Probably. Something tells me he is going to have a Newton type year and go in the top 10 but I don't think he is worth that (even if we had a need). But who knows he could hit a wall and make it into day 3.

He is far more accurate of a passer than Newton was in college. And has wayyy better footwork in the pocket. AKA- he is a more polished qb.

He may go top 10 or even top 5, depending on the finish of his season and combine. Dude is flat out smart too, honors student..... (have done a lot of study on him for my radio show recently)

Kid is a stud. I think he has more TD passes this year than incompletions.....thats friggin absurd!

#10 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

He is far more accurate of a passer than Newton was in college. And has wayyy better footwork in the pocket. AKA- he is a more polished qb.

He may go top 10 or even top 5, depending on the finish of his season and combine. Dude is flat out smart too, honors student..... (have done a lot of study on him for my radio show recently)

Kid is a stud. I think he has more TD passes this year than incompletions.....thats friggin absurd!

He's also 3-4 inches shorter and 20-30 lbs lighter. Nowhere near the prospect Newton was but he is intriguing.

#11 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm fine with Derek Anderson as the back up. There's much bigger holes that needs to be filled besides a QB who will never see the field.

#12 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Id rather let RG3 be a starter for another team. Kid has some talent, and a hell of an arm, along with the smarts.

#13 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

I hope he is around when we pick Just so we can get depth in a trade from a team wanting Griffin.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

we won't get him, if Colin Capernick can get drafted in the 2nd round this guy is gone by the 4th (the absolute earliest we would possibly pick him up)

#15 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

I'm fine with Derek Anderson as the back up. There's much bigger holes that needs to be filled besides a QB who will never see the field.

True. I like the kid is all. Watch out for him. Could be a poor mans Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com