• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Pantherxtreme

Pantherxtreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Just baffling calls and time management in this game, that is all!

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

gift wrapped, with a pretty pink bow. sounds like most of saints success

#3 flpantherfan32137

flpantherfan32137

In the Sunshine State

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

I suppose Coach is trying to learn to win too. Just like the players. Learn to close the game. That 3rd and 2 call was ballsy. Unfortunately they came out smelling like manure and not roses. If the call was successful we might be celebrating our 2nd win. Instead were all questioning why we didn't go for a shorter route to a te, screen pass or a run. Such is life for us armchair coaches :-|

#4 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Or you could put it on the defense for shitting the game away when we had the chance to close it out. But yeah, blame Rivera! HE IS NOT ONE OF US.

#5 CardiacCat

CardiacCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Still very excited about our team... Yes, I would have liked (no, loved) a win, but we are learning. There were a few questionable calls, but the fact of the matter is that we just couldn't stop the Saints ....

#6 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

We have had two major off-season acquisitions. One is Newton, the other is Rivera. And one has exceeded expectations, while the other has not lived up to them yet.

#7 flpantherfan32137

flpantherfan32137

In the Sunshine State

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

At least Rivera doesn't play to not lose. He has balls and is willing to go for the juglar. It beats what we have seen for the past 9 years or so. We just need our personnel to catch up to the coaches vision.

Edited by flpantherfan32137, 09 October 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#8 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

We have had two major off-season acquisitions. One is Newton, the other is Rivera. And one has exceeded expectations, while the other has not lived up to them yet.

Rivera is fine.

Our defense isnt too good. DT's and we are missing almost our entire starting LB's.

ST's is bad to.

Get those things fixed and we will start to dominate teams.

#9 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

The team is playing hard and he transformed the offense. Defense is filled with injures and they suck because of it. Rivera will right this team soon I think we finish 8-8 at worst.

#10 ncrecordkeeper

ncrecordkeeper

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

Definitely playing to win as opposed to playing not to lose but they need to learn when to revert to foxball. The staff is on the fast track learning curve as well. But its frustrating. They have to use these RBs more. Get down in the red zone and its pass or cam design run. Feed the friggin beasts!

#11 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Still very excited about our team... Yes, I would have liked (no, loved) a win, but we are learning. There were a few questionable calls, but the fact of the matter is that we just couldn't stop the Saints ....

You don't think that Cam's success reflects well upon Rivera? He did draft the guy and provide him with a coaching staff that uses him to the best of his abilities. I think it's all too easy to assume Cam would have found the same success in any other system or under any other coaches.

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,912 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

Rivera has done a tremendous job with this young team. And if you can't see that then you are blind, have ridiculous standards or just really really stupid.

Time management and other things like that are not on Rivera. It is a young team and those things are going to get straightened out.

#13 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,577 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Cyberjag from 2006-2010:

hey guys you know fox is a hell of a coach and despite the inconsistency years into his coaching tenure you have to appreciate him

Cyberjag in 2011:

you know this rookie head coach with no OTAs or minicamp to install a new offensive and defensive system? yea, he isn't meeting my expectations

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,577 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

i mean seriously cyberjag if you expected us to do better than all games 5 weeks into the season decided by 7 points or less including 3 matchups with 2010 playoff teams (one of them being the defending superbowl champs) well then you're kind of a dolt

#15 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

Rivera is fine.

Our defense isnt too good. DT's and we are missing almost our entire starting LB's.

ST's is bad to.

Get those things fixed and we will start to dominate teams.

The team is playing hard and he transformed the offense. Defense is filled with injures and they suck because of it. Rivera will right this team soon I think we finish 8-8 at worst.

Obviously Rivera has the team pumped up to play. And we obviously have talent, we're not getting blown out and we're not totally outclassed out there. But the Special Teams schemes are awful, and we're not playing with discipline there. Tackling is also sometimes suspect, particularly when you get past the starters. That's coaching, not playing.

And things like having 12 men on the field so you have to call time-out and give up three points, or deciding to rely on your defense to shut down one of the best offenses in the game, versus calling time out and preserving time for your better unit just in case they score, that's 100% coaching.

The play calling looks pretty good, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if Newton could make Jeff Davidson look competent. He's borderline amazing and he's just a rookie.

I don't think it's the talent that's at question here. If talent was all it took, then the Eagles would be 4-1 instead of 1-4. There's a lot more to winning than just getting top draft picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.