#17 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Was raised a Skins fan, but that ended a while ago. Still nice to see them do well once in a while, but that's it. I don't follow them at all.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

when i was a little kid i was.
john riggins was my hero.

i liked them, the steelers, and the LA rams. i wasn't a hardcore fan of any of them, though. i just liked them.

when the panthers came to carolina they got all my loyalty.

#19 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,394 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

nope, former 49er fan.

Former Eagles fan (Dick Vermeil, Jaws & Herm Edwards era) before the birth of my true team. ;)

#20 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Riggins was a freaking MAN back in the day.

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'm 39 years old and I grew up a Skins fan, dad was a die-hard skins fan.

I was there in the "glory years" when they won 3 SB's. Made a few visits to the old Redskins park as a child and met Gibbs, Theisman, Dave Butts, Joe Jacoby, John Riggins, Darrell Green, etc.

When the Panthers came around, I was initially a 2-team guy because I felt bad about abandoning the team I had grown up with... but eventually Dan Snyder made it easy for me to make the transition to a full-time Panthers fan.

I will always have a place in my heart for the Skins team I grew up with, but not for the current Skins. The organization I grew up rooting for no longer exists, it died the day Snyder took over.

I'm proud to say I'm 100% Panthers fan, will be at the Stadium booing the Skins as loud as I can.

Edited by CatMan72, 19 October 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#22 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

...and there was a distinct moment when I decided to be 100% Panthers fan, I justified the decision to abandon the team I grew up with by promising myself that for the rest of my life I would always root for the Panthers and never look back. At that moment, I took the Darrell Green jersey I had hanging in my closet and gave it to Goodwill along with a t-shirt and hat that I had, purged myself of all things Redskins.

#23 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

I'm 39 years old and I grew up a Skins fan, dad was a die-hard skins fan.

I was there in the "glory years" when they won 3 SB's. Made a few visits to the old Redskins park as a child and met Gibbs, Theisman, Dave Butts, Joe Jacoby, John Riggins, Darrell Green, etc.

When the Panthers came around, I was initially a 2-team guy because I felt bad about abandoning the team I had grown up with... but eventually Dan Snyder made it easy for me to make the transition to a full-time Panthers fan.

I will always have a place in my heart for the Skins team I grew up with, but not for the current Skins. The organization I grew up rooting for no longer exists, it died the day Snyder took over.

I'm proud to say I'm 100% Panthers fan, will be at the Stadium booing the Skins as loud as I can.

Exact samething for me too. In fact if i had to choose a 2nd team, I would choose the Ravens over them now. Snyder has run that franchise to the ground.

#24 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

i was and still am a Redskins fan and am a panther fan too, they are both my favorite teams and that's why i tend to know a bit about Washington's 3 backs in Hightower, Torian and Helu (Helu is my favorite). honeslty this game can go either way and i dont know who to pick, if i had to pick now. Carolina 20-Washington 17. i see the Redskins running the ball well, but a turnover by Beck will cost them. i dont see Beck being worse than Grossman, but i dont see him winning games.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Grew up a skins fan, loved Joe Gibbs, John Riggins, and even Theisman.

But I am 110% panther now.

#26 RevJ

RevJ

Huddle Chaplain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

I would pull for the Pakistani National Convict team against the Redskins now. Twenty years ago, I would have pulled for the Soviet KGB All Stars against them.

#27 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

I would pull for the Pakistani National Convict team against the Redskins now. Twenty years ago, I would have pulled for the Soviet KGB All Stars against them.

Posted Image

#28 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

claws

ain't no shame in my game.

yes, i'm still holdin candles for the Skins. :yesnod:

#29 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

At that moment, I took the Darrell Green jersey I had hanging in my closet and gave it to Goodwill along with a t-shirt and hat that I had, purged myself of all things Redskins.

WTF?

Dude, that's terrible:frown5:

#30 PowerlessDan

PowerlessDan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

nope, former 49er fan.

Me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users