Photo
- - - - -

Welfare, food stamps, unemployment peeps subject to drug testing/cap lottery winnings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#46 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Welfare is not supposed to be a way of life which is what it has become. So yes, requiring people who don't work to comply with not doing illegal things that other people who work have to do (how many of us had to take drug tests when we were going to be actually earning our paychecks?) is not a nanny state in my eyes. It's more of a parent who requires children to do chores to get an allowance type thing IMO. If they are blowing welfare dollars on drugs instead of using it to do what it's supposed to be for, how is that beneficial to the kids?

Yep, drug testing for a welfare check is a great idea long overdue. I'd go further and require mandatory birth control as well.
One of the guys in the shop I work at cut his hand last week requiring doctor's stitches. Mandatory drug test by the company. Part of being a responsible adult.
And a welfare recipient winning the lottery happened here in Cali. When the women who bought the ticket admitted she was on welfare the prize was revoked. The local car dealership had already fronted her and the hubby matching Escalades pending her collection of the dough. Had to give it all back. Sucks to be them.

#47 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

Dems have rich smart people who care about everyone, and poor people

Republicans have rich smart people that want more for themselves, and poor people.

Each have their selling points to the poorer people to get the votes.

I however, never hear about the Dems complaining about the "Conservative Intellectual Elite", or "Conservative College Professors".

If more people looked out for what they believed to be right, this place would be much better off.

I can understand fully the selling points to both parties for the poor.

What I don't see is any reason that the rich would be a Dem.

#48 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

I totally agree that those on government aid should contribute to the infrastructure. It's the least they could do. We can have them pick the produce and do the menial work around government (local too) buildings. They would have to work at least 4 days a week so it gives them time to find real jobs.

I understand that things happen and such. Bad things can happen to good people. This would just make sure those who are willing to put back in during those times get what they need. As for the others, meh. Let them sponge off of relatives.

Also, cut off the aid if their kids don't go to school.

It's time to get tough and stop the free rides.

#49 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

If more people looked out for what they believed to be right, this place would be much better off.

I can understand fully the selling points to both parties for the poor.

What I don't see is any reason that the rich would be a Dem.

What about hollywood? apparently they're all communists...

I personally know a number of very well to do wall street guys who are democrats because they understand how much money they make and agree that they should have to pay their fair share.

#50 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,783 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

I make good money, but started as a lower middle class kid, had to join the military to get out of a permanently depressed economic region, taught myself enough to get my pretty high paying gig, seen most of the country and a little bit of the world in the process, and came to the understanding around 1990 that the RNC tactics of using religion, racism and "values" rubbed me the wrong way a lot more than the DNC tactics of social engineering - at least they are attempting to help people that actually need it a lot more than I did, even though at the time I was living hand to mouth.

I fuging hate being told that somehow I am not American enough, or want to kill Arabs enough, or I want to let the terrorists win, or I want to steal your money and give it to someone else. I simply understand that we live in the 21st century, not the 19th, and world society has evolved into a necessary hybrid of government and industrial cooperation that will always be pulled too far one way or the other. World events and issues will continue to accelerate, and if we do not work very hard to make everyone we can have a voice in the future, we, as the fortunate rich, will find ourselves overthrown just like the great civilizations of the past. Armies and fortresses will do nothing to protect us, but inclusiveness and shared visions will. It's a bitter pill with lots of compromise but the alternative is to isolate ourselves until the gates are broken and the walls are overrun.

Sure both parties are filled with greedy people - thats what people attracted to power generally are. But that's not why I think like I do, it's about the "big picture" for the human race. The Dems just happen to be more friendly to this kind of idea than the Republicans.

That and those right wing religious kooks really freak me out. They are like Scientologists that no one will call out for their wierdness. Tom Cruise is a total goofball, but Ralph Reed is an advisor to Presidents.

#51 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

I take religion out of my politics....completely. I think that is such a small problem in this country it's laughable to me.

Honestly, if there was no other way to be, no other parties I would be a Pub, but only for a few small reasons, and those are quickly going away.

I do not believe in handouts, welfare, etc....I do believe in free market, and let the strongest prevail....but thats just me...I have always been one of the stronger ones..so to speak.

Taxes and expansion of government are two of my most hated things in the world, and I think that they will be our downfall as a country...So you can probably tell that I do not like the way the past 17 plus years have been handled in this country.

If you see me come out and say that either party (dem or pub) is good for this country go ahead and give me a shovel and I will start digging, but I do think that we are going down the wrong road now.

#52 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

You know what would be cool? If people on welfare or unemployment for longer than six months were forced to ride around with Mexican lawn service workers for one day a week.

While good, hard-working Americans threw rocks at them.

#53 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

While good, hard-working Americans threw rocks at them.

Nope. I think being forced to watch people who work their ass off, instead of sitting home online or watching Springer all day, would shame a lot of people off of the entitlement train.

#54 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Nope. I think being forced to watch people who work their ass off, instead of sitting home online or watching Springer all day, would shame a lot of people off of the entitlement train.

Internet hounds and Springer watchers? Entitlement train? Ha ha, that's it, no longer will I believe the myth that conservatives are simple minded.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com