45 replies to this topic

#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

This might be the most useless article in the history of articles. I expect much ridicule for posting it but it was just so... I just had to post it. That is all.

http://www.nashville...-to-cam-newton/

South Carolina native and current resident Darius Rucker has issued an apology to Cam Newton, who was the first-round draft pick for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers. You see, Darius is a huge Gamecock fan, even attending the University of South Carolina, and when football star and Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton helped to blast the singer’s beloved Gamecocks 56-17 in 2010, Darius said the player would never cut it in the NFL. He was way off the mark , and he has since apologized to the rookie quarterback.

“I was one of those who, when he was coming out of college, me being a Gamecock fan and knowing what he did to us and the SEC last year, I was a hater,” Darius told the Charlotte Observer. “I’ll never forget his first [regular-season] game. I told a buddy that Cam is going to get blown up. I would like to apologize to Cam Newton. I was dead wrong.”

“His football IQ is off the charts,” Darius continues. “I love his body language. I love the way he walks down the field. You know he’s a leader. Every day I’m becoming more and more of a Cam Newton fan. If you’d told me last year I’d be saying that, I’d have said you’re crazy.”

Edited by teeray, 26 October 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#2 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Kenny Floyd>>>Darius Rucker

#3 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

thanks for posting it :rolleyes:

so you campaign for everyone to apologize to your boyfriend and then say *** you when they do.....nice

#4 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

I know but I was surfing around looking for Panthers articles and come across "Darius Rucker apologizes to Cam Newton". How do I not read that?? Hootie. I mean he blows fish!! It says so right in the name!!

As Cartman would say, "He likes fish sticks"

#5 4Corners

4Corners

Deep dish combo mambo

• HUDDLER
  • 13,338 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Not sure why yall are hating on Darius Rucker. He is awesome!

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

Not sure why yall are hating on Darius Rucker. He is awesome!

I'm not. I am hating on Hootie.

#7 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

Wearing a jersey is dorky, but a Dolphins tatoo is cool. I guess only someone with god awful taste in music can understand this logic.

#8 Port City Cat Fan

Port City Cat Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

Look we all listen to different types of music. Some people will say it sucks cause it aint their type. Just because you dont like hootie doesnt mean they suck. 16,000,000 sold does not equal suck. I am huge fan of hootie and darius. If cam came from a team you hated, you would probably feel the same way. Do just start slinging hate around just because you are not a fan.

#9 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

i root for Rucker to do well because he is from the Carolinas and he's also unique but his music as well as hootie is pretty mediocre. Maybe sometimes above average. I'd groove to it at a street festival.

#10 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

Apology accepted Darius. Whodve thunk the kid who absolutely destroyed South Carolina in the SEC Championship last year would become the apple of our eye in Carolina? Sometimes I have to pinch myself. Is it a dream? The Newton Era is surreal. LOL.

#11 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

I wonder when the Observer is going to interview me... I'm pretty sure I was more wrong than this guy!!1!!!

ps: Teeray, I'm disappointed in you!

#12 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Unlike Hootie Cam will not be a one hit wonder

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

Lolol where the fug is Stephen Garcia?

#14 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,002 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

Then hate me too cause I hated Cam after what he did to my Gamecocks and Darius is a cool guy he doesn't have a mean bone in his body.. I ate breakfast with him once several years ago.

It was at Waffle House and I was sitting in the booth next to him so I guess I didn't really eat breakfast with him....but I was close. :)

Cam has been forgiven by all Gamecock/Panther fans.

#15 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

Darius is also a huge panthers fan and sang the first halftime show at bank of America stadium.

Or first national anthem.

I can't remember I was nine but even then I knew he sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.