Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RockyTopVol

Billy G OUT at Kentucky

119 posts in this topic

On top of all that, he looks like Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley.

Replace one NIT coach with ANOTHER NIT coach!

YEAH!

that was quick. here comes travis ford!

Well, there is a clause in Donovan's contract that he can't talk to other universities unless that university asks Florida for permission. No permission has been requested, so what is Billy supposed to say?

I had already said that Billy D coming to UK is a pipe dream.

Some of the stuff that's coming out about Gillispie is pretty alarming. Surprised every player didn't transfer from UK the last two years.

At this point, I like Travis Ford. Yeah, he's young and raw, but he knows what UK basketball is all about. Something that Billy G either could not understand or refused to

This is what I heard. My boss has connections and has even met the AD, Pitino, Gillispie, and several others personally....

Donovan wanted to come last time. But he felt like he couldn't. Not after winning back to back titles at Florida. He went back to Florida, thought "what am I doing?" and took the Magic job. Then he was all confused and went back to Florida again.

Gillispie was brought on without even being interviewed. UK was trying to save face because nobody out there wanted to replace Tubby Smith, who is one of the most respected college coaches out there. So they took a flier on Gillispie and from the beginning it was a disaster.

* Blew off the most important booster function his first year. Not only did he blow it off, he didn't bother to respond. We're talking a room full of big money boosters wondering "WTF?"

* Liked being single and was out late at night often....and supposedly likes much younger ladies (not illegal age, but still...30-something year old coach dating coeds? Come on.)

* Refused to teach a zone defense. Doesn't believe in it. So we lost to Gardner Webb and VMI at home early on the last two seasons because we didn't have a basic staple defense in our repertoire.

There are other things, but those are the big three.

Seems like it would not take a 3 digit IQ to know better than that.

Not to mention Billy G has/had the most unorthodox substitution scheme... if it can be called a scheme.

That reporter was being a complete douche. POS to run after a dude that he knows has lost his job to get in a question that he knows won't be answered.