Photo
- - - - -

Lost another animal friend

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Sorry, LP. All I can do is share this story, which I may have shared before.

In an interview Ronald Reagan's daughter told the story of how her father's favorite horse had died, and how after he had got done digging the grave and burying it, he just stood there with this smile on his face. She asked him why he was smiling at a time like that, and Reagan said "because all I can think of is all the great memories this animal provided me."

She said as much as her and her brother differed from their father politically, she could never see him in a negative light after that day.

#17 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

I am really sorry for your loss.

Goats are way cool! Besides pets, goats milk is rich and some of the best cheese is Goat milk cheese! And they provide hours of entertainment.

I was looking at youtube videos only last week for Pigmy goats. (I always wanted one.)

It's reassuring when people can open their hearts to an pet, that there is hope for Mankind.

Not that I am/was a big Ronald Reagan fan, but he had it right. You should remember the good times with anyone in your life.

#18 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

HUDDLER

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

We got to see a lot of really awesome goats at the state fair last weekend. I had one when I was a kid. He would pull the laundry off the clothes line and my granny would run after him with her broom to shoo him away. He would also ram anyone right in the rear if you bent over, I suppose he saw a bulls eye when he saw someone bent over and just couldn't resist. Goats are awesome critters.