Photo
- - - - -

War crimes...Spanish court considers trying former US officials

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#16 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

I'll tell you one thing...no one EVER expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Surprised it took this long...

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:06 AM

This would be more worrisome if they still had that armada... whatever happened with that?

sailed on England, huge storm came and wiped them out, English finished the rest, then made them sail home by going north between ireland and england then south through the english channel which kinda destroyed the rest.

after they wiped out their middle class they didn't have the money to rebuild it to the same size, and they spent the rest of their time committing genocide in new spain.

spanish history post andula is pretty funny. it's basically just a cycle of genocide, fascism, populist hand waving, repeat.

#18 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

Little bit different situation don't think? One, we actually had germany under control and we were not just flapping our gums (which is what they are doing). We could actually enforce our rulings. Two, it wasn't us by ourselves, it was a group of nations. And three, even if admin officials were guilty of any crime (and that is debatable), it was nowhere near what Germany did.

If they can't do anything but flap their gums, then why do you have a problem with it? That's my only contention here. They can do what they want, it won't amount to a hill of beans, why get excited about it?...

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,536 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

If they can't do anything but flap their gums, then why do you have a problem with it? That's my only contention here. They can do what they want, it won't amount to a hill of beans, why get excited about it?...

Don't really have a problem with it per say, but IMO, its a waste of time.

I commented on it, thats what we do here. :)

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com