Photo
- - - - -

Continuing with the racial theme here lately...

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

http://news.yahoo.co..._dorm_stabbings

Biology student Jason Vassell was in his ground-floor University of Massachusetts dorm room hanging out with friends when two drunken strangers tapped on his window, asking for directions. An argument began.
One of the white men hurled racial slurs at Vassell, who is black, before both took off.
Vassell then put a black cloth over his face, armed himself with a clothes iron and a folding knife and left his room. Surveillance cameras later show Vassell stabbing both men in the dorm lobby.

Hundreds of professors, students and community members continue to rally behind the former student, believing he was the victim of a hate crime and that the two men who set off the chain of events were not held fully accountable.

But in a motion to dismiss the charges, Hoose argues prosecutors ultimately made the decision to charge Vassell because he is black and the two men he stabbed are white.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

"When it's someone you know, when you see their life being ruined, it isn't easy to forget it," said sociology professor Dan Clawson, one of Vassell's supporters.

So Vassell's life is being ruined? Couldn't be because someone called him a name (or names) and then he went and stabbed them?

I guess he didn't CHOOSE to do that right?

Hell the guys probably deserved to be stabbed, but it's AGAINST THE LAW.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

It'd be different if he just jumped at them right there and beat the crap out of them with an iron....I have a problem with the premeditated putting on the mask and grabbing weapons part.

#4 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

Umm...so,he covers his face,then LEAVES his room in order to stab them....where were these guys trying to get directions to? and why did an argument ensue?

#5 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

rofl oh great more vigilantism being justified because someone got butthurt about being called a bad name.

#6 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

so its okay to stab somebody if they call you a bad name?

#7 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

you guys sure love to post stories that make you feel like the poor white minority victim.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

so its okay to stab somebody if they call you a bad name?

Yes, but only if you first don a mask, then you're all good.

#9 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,298 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

So the burden of proof whether he stabbed two guys, but if he was the victim of racial slurs?

Cool.

Next time I'm talked to in a degrading manner by whoever...(yes...I'm talking to you Mr. preaching to the bench at the Lincoln Community Health Center, Alston Ave., Durham, NC)...I can simply go to my car where I have my pistol...retrieve it...and gun the guy down? Then I too can get marches and vigils from community and educated leaders alike?

#10 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,074 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

So the burden of proof whether he stabbed two guys, but if he was the victim of racial slurs?

Cool.

Next time I'm talked to in a degrading manner by whoever...(yes...I'm talking to you Mr. preaching to the bench at the Lincoln Community Health Center, Alston Ave., Durham, NC)...I can simply go to my car where I have my pistol...retrieve it...and gun the guy down? Then I too can get marches and vigils from community and educated leaders alike?

Unfortunately not, there are standards for goodness sake. You have to be a minority first. And the person you gun down must be a racist white person. Well actually just being white will probably do at this point.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

You are so oppressed aren't you

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,298 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

You are so oppressed aren't you

I'm not...because I choose not to be.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

i'm sure the thousands of black men arrested or harassed for walking down the sidewalk every day will be glad to hear they can choose not to be.

#14 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

you guys sure love to post stories that make you feel like the poor white minority victim.

Don't you call me a they.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,444 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

i'm sure the thousands of black men arrested or harassed for walking down the sidewalk every day will be glad to hear they can choose not to be.

:thumbsup: Interwebs martyrdom. I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.