Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R0CKnR0LLA

Panthers 2012 Free Agents, Players Under Contract & Cap Space

125 posts in this topic

I think Richardson handing out all these huge contracts was more of a message that he's not cheap than anything. We basically set the market for a lot of positions. D Williams contract, Ryan Kalil being highest paid center in the league, Godfrey getting tons of cash. Not to mention Johnson, Beason, Anderson, etc. Although several of those contracts make perfect sense.

But yeah, after 2010 and basically tanking everything until the new CBA came along... Richardson wanted to let us all know that he is definitely trying to win again.

wanting to win does not automatically require pissing money into the wind.

Dwill's contract is front loaded from everything I've seen, he's making a base salary this season of around 6 million, Next season his cap hit should be around 8.2 million or so. His deal averages to a little over 8.5 million a season, the last 2 years he'll probably never see.

only contract there i dont like is dwills

I like DWill and was one of the ones who wanted to resign him but wow.

I know it's piling on but that looks to be a somewhat handcuffing type of deal, especially given his play compared to Stews.

Dwill's contract is front loaded from everything I've seen, he's making a base salary this season of around 6 million, Next season his cap hit should be around 8.2 million or so. His deal averages to a little over 8.5 million a season, the last 2 years he'll probably never see.

his last 2 seasons will equate to roughly 6 million total.

...i've posted several times that williams would collect most of his contract in 2-3 seasons.

i wish i was wrong.

Not doubting you but I searched the net for a while a few weeks ago looking for any information on Hangartner's contract and came up blank. Did you find a reliable source showing it was just a one year deal?

Even with cuts next year we will be cash strapped. We can forget about FA next year and will be lucky if we can sign Shockey and Hangman back.

Forgot to add in the dead money carrying over from 2011 to the cap space. Will add this in but it shouldn't be much, less than a few million I'm guessing just from memory.

Good post guys

If the team wants to sign someone, you'll probably see Gamble, Smitty and Gross restructured and extended to some degree to save cap room for next season.

Judging from that list of guys coming back, we already have a talented team. Offense is one of the best and we only are losing Shockey.

Defensively, we will get back Beason. Not getting my hopes up for Davis.

Bottom line is we have some contracts we can re-structure, and we are just going to have to draft well. I love the future of this team.