Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Postal Service reports massive $5 billion loss

109 posts in this topic

Truth is half the poo that's mailed out every day is the postal version of spam.

Commonly called "junk mail." Been around way before the internet or "spam."

If you think this is bad, y'all should see how much of a loss all of the fire departments of the country are running at!

If you think this is bad, y'all should see how much of a loss all of the fire departments of the country are running at!

Public Safety = Mail Service

Got it.

but don't worry.....they will run the healthcare system much much better.

usps is an independent agency and receives extremely sparse taxpayer funding

poor analogy. by the way, "they" are not going to be running the US healthcare system unless you still believe that we're getting single payer and obummer's death panels are going to rip the apple sauce out of grandma's hands and push her wheelchair down the stairs.

usps is an independent agency and receives extremely sparse taxpayer funding

poor analogy. by the way, "they" are not going to be running the US healthcare system unless you still believe that we're getting single payer and obummer's death panels are going to rip the apple sauce out of grandma's hands and push her wheelchair down the stairs.

I truly believe that we will end up with a single payer system the way obamacare was written.

Speak to HR professionals at large corporations. Most of them (the company I work for included) all say that they will drop coverage and pay the fee.

This is exactly what obama intended. he could not get single payer through because that is NOT what people wanted....so they back doored the law through reconciliation before anyone knew what was in it.

Let people opt IN for types of mail service. Some folks rather not get any mail.

Another example of a group not adapting with technology and increasing legacy costs and a smaller workforce.

An exact microcosim of the US.

Well I don't think the technology is mature enough. Sure there's an e-version of everything but that doesn't mean it's reliable. This whole internet thing is still very much in it's infancy.

I find it amusing and ironic that the most "Return to the Constitution" posters on here are the most anti-Post Office.

Bring back the pony express. These damn gas-guzzling mail trucks slow down traffic anyway.