Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Postal Service reports massive $5 billion loss

110 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No direct deposit?

i'm freelance... nope.

Posted · Report post

A lot of companies depend on direct mail for business.

And a lot would then depend on the private companies that fill the void. It's not reasonable think we all need to subsidize junk mail companies.

Posted · Report post

i'm freelance... nope.

they could pay you via a card. they can just load it up however often you get paid, still has a trail of payment.

lots of small companies are doing this for payroll. kinda like unemployment cards.

Posted · Report post

Oh that's gonna make him feel good.

Posted · Report post

To be honest,this kind of thing is why I like Gingrich. He is the only one talking Six Sigma and such to be applied to gov agencies. What we have done in the last couple hours is been agreed upon by Dems and Pubs. It is just a much needed streamlining that needs to be done throughout the gov. The taxpayer and consumer of gov services will be very happy.

The only losers will be a lot of gov employees who will become private sector employees.

But you cannot operate a government so inefficiently just to save gov jobs. After all, it takes about many private sector jobs to pay for just one gov employee. It will be much better for the country to bring gov into the 21st century.

Posted · Report post

oh God don't get me started on six sigma and green/black belt and hoshin and junk.

Posted · Report post

Most of these programs under whatever name or acronym are just bottling and selling common sense in many cases. Alas, the gov could use some of it.

Posted · Report post

they could pay you via a card. they can just load it up however often you get paid, still has a trail of payment.

lots of small companies are doing this for payroll. kinda like unemployment cards.

yea, i'll tell viacom to get right on reforming the way they pay me.

Posted · Report post

You should just refuse to cash your paycheck until they make it electronic. That will show them.

Posted · Report post

yea, i'll tell viacom to get right on reforming the way they pay me.

Occupy Mailroom

Posted · Report post

You should just refuse to cash your paycheck until they make it electronic. That will show them.

this is an excellent idea.

Posted · Report post

Occupy Mailroom

isn't the mailroom always occupied by surly, smelly, under-achievers?