Why do you still post here? Just curious.
I wish we had won 6 of 7 games...
What you fail to get is this:
1) Cam is a rookie
2) The defense and special teams are giving up leads late in games and we typically have awful field position
3) Cam isn't expected to save this franchise, yet in order for us to win games he needs to play flawless due to other deficiencies on the team. This is a tall order to ask any QB to do, let alone one being asked to throw the ball 30+ times a game because the coaching staff wants to break him in.
What you don't understand about Cam, apparently:
1) Has the third most total yards of any quarterback
2) Has the 5th most total touchdowns of any quarterback
3) IS A ROOKIE
4) Has fewer interceptions than Rivers, Freeman, Fitzpatrick, Brees, and Vick, and has as many as Brady and Ryan, all of whom are considered good-to-elite quarterbacks in this league.
5) Is actually top 10 in first downs by a quarterback (including his rushing of course)
I don't think Cam is perfect, but I think he's surprised me... He is playing well enough that we should be in position to win, but we're not. That's because of huge problems at other positions. Has he had the chance to win us the game and not done so? Sure, but there have been many other players on our team who have had that chance and not done so either. So it's hard to be upset with him given the above, and the fact he's a rookie.
First. I post here cause it's fun to see you guys call people stupid, trolls and tell them they don't know why they are talking about only for it to turn out the complete opposite
Second I understand all of that. I am well aware of the fact he's a rookie and most teams with rookie QB's lose because of that reason. You don't.
I just have a realistic way of looking at who is primarily responsible for putting away tied games or close games in the 4th quarter.
-I also know who is primarily responsible for making our offense efficient.
-I know you can't win with a rookie QB and an inefficient offense.
-I know an efficient offense = a good defense. Our offense is 25th in the league.
-I know my quarterback is one of the worst in interceptions which is why we are down in the first place in most games, and my defense somehow manages to freaking stop the other team enough in order for us to be in close 4th quarter games
- I also know in that situation it's your offenses job to put the ball game away.
-And I know this defense gave this offense 14 fuging possessions in the 4th quarter to put the game away and this offense and QB only did it once.
1. I watched them blow it with my own two eyes in the red-zone in 3 of those games right at the end. Arizona, Vikings, and Green Bay(and he did a lot more than just coming up short at the end against GB - 3 picks)
2.Against the Saints:
- watched him start off the game with a pick against the Saints which put us down. It's HIS fault we were down in the game. That's not on the defense. that's HIM!
-the coach gave them 3 free points before half time. That's not the defense.
-and after our defense did a good enough job to allow the offense to catch up he once again made a bad pass, out of bounds on 3rd and 2 giving the Saints, one of the best offenses in the league a chance to put the game away. Once again that's on him.
- I watched him mis-manage the clock on the next possession. I watched him choke even though he had like 30 opportunities to get a score. I watched him make bad passes behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long.
3. Against the Falcons:
- he thew a pick instead of a touchdown in the endzone in the first half.
-the defense held to allow them to catch up in the 3rd. they didn't allow a score. They did nothing for the last 20 some minutes in that game.
-then he threw a damn pick to start off the 4th quarter in practically our own endzone. That's HIS fault.
Against the Bears:
- we were up 3-0 in the first quarter. He threw a pick six
to put us down to start off the game. That's HIS fault. Defense wasn't even on the damn field.
-after the score being within 1 point for like ever in the second half, our defense got this offense a pick in the Bears red-zone in the 4th fuging quarter:
This is in the 4th quarter!1st and 10 at CHI 20 M.Forte right guard to CHI 20 for no gain (O.Gaither).
2nd and 10 at CHI 20 J.Cutler pass deep middle intended for J.Knox INTERCEPTED by C.Godfrey at CHI 38. C.Godfrey to CHI 29 for 9 yards (J.Knox).
How much easier can it get? What did Cam Newton and this offense do when my defense gave them that kind of a gift? Let's see:
First. They blew their chance.1st and 10 at CHI 29 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete deep left to S.Smith.
2nd and 10 at CHI 29 (Shotgun) Direct snap to D.Williams. D.Williams right guard to CHI 21 for 8 yards (A.Okoye). PENALTY on CAR-T.Wharton, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at CHI 29 - No Play.
2nd and 15 at CHI 34 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete short right to G.Olsen.
3rd and 15 at CHI 34 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete deep left to J.Shockey.
4th and 15 at CHI 34 O.Mare 52 yard field goal is No Good, Short, Center-J.Jansen, Holder-J.Baker.
And the score was still within 4 points! Then came this:
1st and 10 at CAR 20 (Shotgun) D.Williams left guard to CAR 22 for 2 yards (A.Adams).
2nd and 8 at CAR 22 C.Newton pass incomplete short right to J.Shockey.
3rd and 8 at CAR 22 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass short left to L.Naanee to CAR 25 for 3 yards (L.Briggs).
4th and 5 at CAR 25 J.Baker punts 35 yards to CHI 40, Center-J.Jansen, downed by CAR
Still within 4 points! My defense held once again. Then came this:1st and 10 at CAR 20 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete deep right to G.Olsen.
2nd and 10 at CAR 20 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass deep right to G.Olsen to CAR 43 for 23 yards (M.Wright).
1st and 10 at CAR 43 (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete deep left to L.Naanee (T.Jennings).
2nd and 10 at CAR 43 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass short right to J.Stewart to CAR 41 for -2 yards (L.Briggs; A.Okoye).
3rd and 12 at CAR 41 (Shotgun) C.Newton left end pushed ob at CAR 43 for 2 yards (J.Peppers). CHI-C.Tillman was injured during the play.
4th and 10 at CAR 43 (Shotgun) C.Newton pass incomplete deep right to L.Naanee.
Finally, after this the defense gave in. So the defense gave them an interception at the 20 yard line, they did nothing with it. Kept the Bears to 3 on the next possession to keep the score within 4 points. Kept the score steady for 2 more fuging possessions for them to do something. All in a game where Cam Newton put this team down 3-10 to start off with a pic 6?
And you think it's the defense? That's why all of you are retarded. That's who lost those games. It was all that above and it was all mainly on him! But you guys IGNORE all that stuff. Believe it or not, when you play like that, it means you are a BAD quarterback, not a good one, in the NFL.
Edited by TrueDat, 19 November 2011 - 09:59 PM.