Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can the Panthers afford to go Offense with their 1st pick in the Draft?

182 posts in this topic

Posted

I know, Matt Kalil is tempting.

Yes, we will get Jon Beason back.

But the level of play on the field today by the defense was truly pathetic.

We can score plenty of points to win games.

Discuss.

Posted

What defensive player would you take with a top five pick? (probably 2nd overall)

Posted

Kalil won't be our pick. I'd bet my house and cars on it. I'm very confident in saying the team will go defense for the majority of the draft.

Posted

Yes.

Posted

Kalil won't be our pick. I'd bet my house and cars on it. I'm very confident in saying the team will go defense for the majority of the draft.

What do you drive and where do you live?

Posted

We gotta go D...

Posted

Claiborne is the #3 player in the draft.

Posted

Guys really aren't getting this whole bpa thing are you?

Posted

Guys really aren't getting this whole bpa thing are you?

There is always the trade down a bit stockpile picks route ala Jon Beason.

Posted

Move back or go BPA but don't reach for a position of need. If Claiborne really is a top 5-6player in this year's draft then he's got to be the pick. But if he ends up being a middle of the round kind of talent then you can't pick him in the top 5. You try to move down and get more picks if that is the case because IMO there isn't a justification in taking Matt Kalil for our team. Not saying that OT isn't important but it is LESS important when you have a QB like Cam Newton who can make something out of nothing. Ben Roethlisberger won 2 superbowls with two of the worst offensive lines in the league because of talent that he has outside of the pocket.

Posted

first off, i dont see us getting the top pick, i think we beat the Colts, 2nd, if we do get the top pick, i still say a WR, i know people will say the same thing they said last year, but Blackmon would just make Cam Newton a better QB and would take a ton of pressure off Smith, plus, we can find defense in free agency, but this time, we need to get a DT and a CB.

Posted

We won't go offense. Anyone who thinks so has lost their mind. It doesn't matter how cool you think it would be to have two Kalil's, the team doesn't care about PR. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down and go D with our first 4 picks.

1 person likes this