Photo
- - - - -

Seven Round Carolina Panther Mock Draft: 1st Edition.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'd move it ahead of WR, OT, and OLB as well. FA market is loaded with WRs. OT isn't as much a need as people want it to be. OLB is important, but not as much as FS. Even if TD were to get hurt again next year, Gaither and a mid round pick aren't going to seem nearly as bad on the outside with Beason back in the middle and a capable DL back in front of them.

I agree with the OT assessment (if Otah can come back healthy) which I fully expect him to do.

I feel Travis Lewis from OU will drop to the 3rd round because of his toe injury and would be a steal for us.

I think it all depends on each individuals fan's tolerance towards the specific position's ineptness. I personally think, if we fix the interior DLine, that will make the DE's more effective in creating pressure, in turn, the opposing QB will need to get the ball out quicker, thus, making our CBs look that much better. If there were a DT worthy of the Top5/10 pick this year, I would be all over him.. just right now, I don't think there is one.

#26 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Also....A win this weekend could stick us as high as 10th in the draft order. We could feasibly finish the year in the middle of the first easily.

a win this weekend would put us at like 5th with our SoS so far. obviously a lot can change, but I would be flat out astounded if we won against the Colts, lost out, and ended up 10th in the draft order, since... yeaaah. ;)

Also if we finish the year in the middle of the first, that would mean that something major happened that likely is going to radically change our draft needs, because that would mean we basically finished the year going 4-2 or better.

Edited by mav1234, 22 November 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#27 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

A few things here Cat's,

1. Davis is done! Barring a miracle, he will probably have a 1 to 3 game expiration date if he makes it out of camp in one piece. IMO, you treat him like a non-factor. Bring in a quality player and let him compete with the expectation Davis will be back on IR by at least 6th game of the season!

2. You have a solid mock that I would love if we address WLB in the form of a Rocky McIntosh during FA. If not then WLB has to be addressed and early. I could be wrong but I think its fair to say Zach Brown>Still at there respective positions.

3. What are your thoughts on Garay? He is solid and between him and Ron, our DT's should be upgraded tremendously.....more so than just adding Still. And you are 100% correct about battle is won in the trenches.....which leads me to next thing

4. Gross is aging and Otah has zero reliability. He should also be a non factor. A mere luxury if healthy but have no expectations for him to be healty.....knowing this, OT is just a big of a need as DT in my book.

#28 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

A few things here Cat's,

1. Davis is done! Barring a miracle, he will probably have a 1 to 3 game expiration date if he makes it out of camp in one piece. IMO, you treat him like a non-factor. Bring in a quality player and let him compete with the expectation Davis will be back on IR by at least 6th game of the season!

2. You have a solid mock that I would love if we address WLB in the form of a Rocky McIntosh during FA. If not then WLB has to be addressed and early. I could be wrong but I think its fair to say Zach Brown>Still at there respective positions.

3. What are your thoughts on Garay? He is solid and between him and Ron, our DT's should be upgraded tremendously.....more so than just adding Still. And you are 100% correct about battle is won in the trenches.....which leads me to next thing

4. Gross is aging and Otah has zero reliability. He should also be a non factor. A mere luxury if healthy but have no expectations for him to be healty.....knowing this, OT is just a big of a need as DT in my book.

#29 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

A few things here Cat's,

In b4 the you're so ignorant, dumb, don't know what you're talking about comment....

#30 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

HUDDLER

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

Very good write up. I could defiantly see Kendall Wright going higher, especially with all the national attention Baylor has been getting. Overall I could die a happy man with those picks