Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey UNC homers. What about Dwight Jones??

45 posts in this topic

Posted

The only reason Floyd and Jeffrey is ranked above him right now is because of the schools they play for and their national exposure.

I think his stock will rise but I still think he might be there in the second especially in the range we may be picking in the second.

It's possible you could be right and he's still there in the 2nd, but as you said, he's under the radar right now because UNC isn't ranked and is having a fairly mediocre season. Once teams start watching tape on him and they go through the combine, if he runs well, I think he's going to sneak into the bottom of the 1st.

He has much more elusiveness and athleticism than Floyd and Jeffrey and he just seems to have a natural feel for finding the ball and catching it.

Posted

National exposure at SCAR? what u smokin.

Posted

National exposure at SCAR? what u smokin.

The daily d*ck sucking contest that goes on every day at ESPN over the SEC.

Posted

No mother f**king receivers!

Smitty gets injured, then who do we have?

Posted

Smitty gets injured, then who do we have?

What if Cam gets hurt?

Better draft a QB.

I vote Russell Wilson. :)

Posted

What if Cam gets hurt?

Better draft a QB.

I vote Russell Wilson. :)

He'll be available in the later rounds. I would do it, he'll be better then Clausen, that's for damn sure.

Posted

If we can get a starting CB with the first pick then I wouldn't mind going with Jones at some point. If he dropped to the top of the 3rd round then yeah but I think we gotta go CB, LB with the first two picks. I'm sold on James Anderson as an OLB and hopefully Beason will be back but we need to find a TD replacement. We can't afford to be playing a backup in that spot and there are some potentially great linebackers in this year's draft.

So if we get to the top of the 2nd round and have a chance to get a guy like Courtney Upshaw then you have to take him. The only guys who I think are locks to go in the first round are Keuchly, Burfict, and possibly Brown. If we made out of the first two rounds with Claiborne/Kirkpatrick and Courtney Upshaw I'd be ecstatic. That would be a successful draft already IMO. Hopefully Hurney doesn't do something stupid and take some no name toolbag when he has the chance to take guys who have played in pro systems against pro competition. I could just see Hurney taking Joe Schmo out of East Middle Tenessee State University because he's a "great kid."

Posted

Jones has matured a lot but still something of a head case, can be pouty and vanish if he feels he isn't getting the ball enough. Less of a problem every year and maybe somethign teams won't give much weight to, but a red flag and for guys in the second or third round you don't want those kind of red flags.

Posted

Chris Givens out of Wake Forest anyone? Dude is the 2nd best WR in the ACC next to Sammy Watkins

Posted

As already said, we need to go defense and OL with basically every single pick. And make a trade or two hopefully that gets us more picks. We have to hit on over half of those picks.

Basically, in a nutshell, what I am saying is no.

Posted

Chris Givens out of Wake Forest anyone? Dude is the 2nd best WR in the ACC next to Sammy Watkins

I would accuse you of being a Wake Forest fan but there is no such thing

Posted

I would accuse you of being a Wake Forest fan but there is no such thing

die hard fan since I was 4 years old. But you gotta admit, the dude is putting up numbers.

Not saying we need to take a WR, but he will be there late.

1 person likes this