Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin Blackmon moving up my draft board...

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My mind has been leaning towards wanting Blackmon lately. It is just unavoidable. Even with all the holes on defense. He alone can take our offense to a whole other level. Our top 4 WR will put the fear of God into and opposing teams. Especially with 3 of them being very young studs. And well the other is a hall of famer. I would love that pick. Good guy as well.

I don't feel like we can win any games if we can't stop anybody. Our defense is losing us games.. I can't pull the trigger on Blackmon for that reason alone. Yes, it would be the sexy or flashy pick.. but it's not the smart pick imo.. especially considering LaFell's emergence and Gettis coming back from IR. If we had even an average defense, we would be playoff contenders.

Posted · Report post

I agree with you Lout but I also think we can't ignore holes on offense by reaching for defensive players if we are drafting high. We'll be getting guys back from IR next year and I think the FO is going to give them a bit of a chance to show they were worth their contracts (Edwards & Beason anyway...).

Posted · Report post

I love Blackmon as much as the next guy, but I think were getting carried away. If we don't improve on the defensive end, the only difference between this year and next year will be is we'll lose 35-30 instead of 27-24. We can't miss out on the opportunity to hopefully stock some picks to improve our depth.

Posted · Report post

I agree with you Lout but I also think we can't ignore holes on offense by reaching for defensive players if we are drafting high. We'll be getting guys back from IR next year and I think the FO is going to give them a bit of a chance to show they were worth their contracts (Edwards & Beason anyway...).

Let's assume there is an offensive and a defensive player at our pick that are both graded as Top 5 picks by our staff, and they both would fill a major need.

Who do you go with?