Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cut Sherrod Martin

184 posts in this topic

Posted

Never said he shouldn't be. He is decent in pass coverage but expecting him to come up and make a stop is becoming comical.its ok to recognize a players weakness because 31 other teams will.

No expecting him to come up and make stops on the run 15-20 times a game is comical which is what him and CG have been ask to do all season. It's ok to recognize a weakness. We should just be realistic when critcizing. He and CG shouldn't have to stop the run 15-20 times a game.

Posted

Plain and simple your safeties shouldn't have as many tackles as your MLB. But they do this is the problem.

Posted

No you act like Reggie wayne can't make a move or is slow for some reason.

Erm, seriously?

You realise Wayne had Peyton Manning throwing the ball to him, right? His strength is running crisp routes and having sure hands whilst being reasonably quick. He only gets YAC if he's beaten his man and there's daylight to run into. He's not going to run around or through anyone.

Being a reliable target in a Peyton Manning offence will let you rack up a poo ton of yards.

You posted this 1st you're giving a lot of credit to Manning and none to Wayne. Then I showed you a highlight flim that showed Wayne catching inaccurate throws and making people miss in the open field.

That video just proved everything I said: he's reasonably quick with sure hands and he runs crisp routes.

You watched the video, right? Did he ever make a man miss in the open field? If he did I certainly missed it. In comparison put on a Smith or Boldin highlights tape. That's half of the plays.

1 person likes this

Posted

That video just proved everything I said: he's reasonably quick with sure hands and he runs crisp routes.

You watched the video, right? Did he ever make a man miss in the open field? If he did I certainly missed it. In comparison put on a Smith or Boldin highlights tape. That's half of the plays.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3771_YAC_attack%3A_the_best_receivers_after_the_catch.html

This should end this right?

Posted

No expecting him to come up and make stops on the run 15-20 times a game is comical which is what him and CG have been ask to do all season. It's ok to recognize a weakness. We should just be realistic when critcizing. He and CG shouldn't have to stop the run 15-20 times a game.

Exaggerate much, and if it did happen that much he its expected to stop the play.that's part of playing that spot you are the last guy between the guy scoring.

Posted

Exaggerate much, and if it did happen that much he its expected to stop the play.that's part of playing that spot you are the last guy between the guy scoring.

Again our safeties have just as many tackles as our MLB. You can't exaggerate how bad that is for a defense.

For example

Falcons

MLB Curtis Lofton has 100 tackles

FS William Moore 32 tackles

SS Thomas DeCoud 53 tackles

Posted

Well I guess if you want to further support my argument, sure. He's great at picking up YAC if there's daylight. You actually watched that highlights reel, right?

He picked up a ton of YAC because he got behind the D and Manning hit him. Not once did he juke a DB out of his shoes, run somebody over, or outrun someone to the corner. THAT WAS MY ARGUMENT.

Martin apparently was hoping Wayne was going to step out of bounds because he had no intention of tackling him despite having the angle. Evidenced by him waving Wayne by for the TD.

Posted

Again our safeties have just as many tackles as our MLB. You can't exaggerate how bad that is for a defense.

For example

Falcons

MLB Curtis Lofton has 100 tackles

FS William Moore 32 tackles

SS Thomas DeCoud 53 tackles

Compare to

Dan Connor 52 tackles (he has missed 2-3 games)

Beason 4 tackles

Jordan Senn 22 tackles (I don't know how many are special team tackles)

CG 62 tackles (he's missed 1 game)

Sherrod 48 tackles

Posted

Are we still talking about this?

Posted

We have way too many holes in this D we need to fix before we can even start thinking about replacing Martin

Posted

Well I guess if you want to further support my argument, sure. He's great at picking up YAC if there's daylight. You actually watched that highlights reel, right?

He picked up a ton of YAC because he got behind the D and Manning hit him. Not once did he juke a DB out of his shoes, run somebody over, or outrun someone to the corner. THAT WAS MY ARGUMENT.

Martin apparently was hoping Wayne was going to step out of bounds because he had no intention of tackling him despite having the angle. Evidenced by him waving Wayne by for the TD.

Dude let it go you're wrong.

I showed you a list of top 25 WR in YAC

Neither Boldin or Smith (and I love 89#) were up there. Wayne was. No matter how you try to spin it (to make yourself feel better) he makes people miss break tackles and beats the coverage to get YAC. It's not just that 1 way he does it.

I showed you facts please come with something other then your opinion to back up your argument. Or we can just move on.

Posted

Well I tried to educate you Koolkat, but some people just don't want to learn. Nevermind.