• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Since we are over the baby boomer generation, shouldn't all the older "smarter" people be completely taking over by now?

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Since we are over the baby boomer generation, shouldn't all the older "smarter" people be completely taking over by now?

So obtuse.

#33 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

A good leader brings the country together to achieve a common purpose. You can ask the America First people before WWII how well Roosevelt brought the nation together.

Here's the problem: you are not going to like what Obama does. That's why you voted for the other guy, even though you know that they are about 80 percent identical on their stances when push comes to shove. So far there are a lot of things I would have like to have seen, but have not happened - but I understand politics a little bit and know that we did not elect him King (or "Messiah" as you may have heard).

So far Obama has not gone into some Pelosi lock step, or given transgendered hookers the same rights as normal hookers. He's continuing what has been given to him with a Democratic philosopical slant. Get used to that.

The Republicans are not interested in working with the Dems from a standpoint of "what they can accomplish". They come up with "alternate budgets" that keep Bushes tax cuts and cut Democratic favored programs, which are, of course, non starters - this is not working together, is it?

Which is the point. All they want to do is say the same old thing, and wait for the Dems to fail. So they can fail again.

So, the only "working together" you understand is Republicans falling in lockstep with Dems ... no other way, huh? I submit that all the Dems want to do is what Obama has said -- tell the Republicans (and others) "we won, deal with it." That's working together, of course.

#34 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:46 PM

It'd be nice if he just follow up on one of his campaign promises. That'd be a start.

he's sending more troops to afganistan, closed guantanamo, tax credit for hybrid cars, extended stem cell research

I'm sure there are more but that's just off of the top of my head, is that not a start?

#35 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

So, the only "working together" you understand is Republicans falling in lockstep with Dems ... no other way, huh? I submit that all the Dems want to do is what Obama has said -- tell the Republicans (and others) "we won, deal with it." That's working together, of course.

No, you odd little goose.

"Working with" means understanding the possible and working to reach agreements that make everyone as happy as possible. Stomping your foot and suggesting that returning things to the table that the party in power made it a specific point to overturn is not "working with", it's obstructionism.

Agreeing to add some votes, or chage votes for something else, in return for say, a higher threshold for the rich folk tax cut reversals instead of outright repeal...thats something what might be possible.

Obama offering a cabinet post, as promised, to the Republicans, and turning it down as a political statement is not "working with", its a way to say "we are not interested in working with you".

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

he's sending more troops to afganistan, closed guantanamo, tax credit for hybrid cars, extended stem cell research

I'm sure there are more but that's just off of the top of my head, is that not a start?

He meant the promises he made to Republicans to nuke South Korea, appoint Limbaugh as ambassador to Vietnam, and a Constitutional Amendment to ban thinking dirty thoughts.

#37 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

He meant the promises he made to Republicans to nuke South Korea, appoint Limbaugh as ambassador to Vietnam, and a Constitutional Amendment to ban thinking dirty thoughts.

More like the promises to work with the other side, since that was the subject of this thread.

Your horse, Obtuse, just broke down in the backstretch...:beatdeadhorse5:

#38 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

The subject of this thread is partisan approval rating, not bipartisan cooperation. Obama's pretty dumb for thinking it would happen in the first place. The status quo is to oppose the opposite party as much as you can, then come election time you can claim the other side was SOOOOOO bad - look at what they did!

#39 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

Obama's pretty dumb

Finally, we agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com