Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am no longer going to call myself a libertarian

31 posts in this topic

Posted

touche :lol:

Posted

So, Jase got his Letterman jacket?

Posted

In our version it's a members only jacket.

Posted

I am not any one party, but libertarian is the closest one for me.

I hate, hate, hate, what the two parties have done for this country.

Three would be worse.

Posted

Three would be worse.

Yep. It would be another Democrat or Republican party that would cater to some special interest. It would be full of idiots like Epistaxis too.

Posted

Or Fiz.

Posted

unaffiliated - because they all are FOS

Posted

Yep. It would be another Democrat or Republican party that would cater to some special interest. It would be full of idiots like Epistaxis too.

You sunuva...

Eh, you're right.

Can't argue with jase on this one, but I have to be honest and admit I didn't know that neocon twerps were jumping ship to try and join our ranks.

Can't figure out why. We don't like the chickenwarhawking and the onward Christian soldiers crap so what gives?

Posted

You sunuva...

Eh, you're right.

Can't argue with jase on this one, but I have to be honest and admit I didn't know that neocon twerps were jumping ship to try and join our ranks.

Can't figure out why. We don't like the chickenwarhawking and the onward Christian soldiers crap so what gives?

Libertarians have a spectrum they cover, just like the other parties.

Zod would call it salad-bar Libertarianism :D

Posted

Speaking of Libertarianism, I'm currently reading this...

n1830.jpg

it's farking excellent.

Posted

ugh.... declaring parties.....

that's still in fashion? everyone still hasn't realized that morons in greater numbers only equal a larger mass of stupid?

Libertarians have the right ideas though. It'll be interesting to see what member manages to pervert them for their own personal gain. And then it will be terrifying to see what the next incarnation of liberal is after power swings in the Neo-Con favor.

By the way, Heinlein, fantastic writer.

Posted

ugh.... declaring parties.....

that's still in fashion? everyone still hasn't realized that morons in greater numbers only equal a larger mass of stupid?

Libertarians have the right ideas though. It'll be interesting to see what member manages to pervert them for their own personal gain. And then it will be terrifying to see what the next incarnation of liberal is after power swings in the Neo-Con favor.

By the way, Heinlein, fantastic writer.

I use to agree somewhat with the Libertarian's, but then I turned 16. ;)

Seriously, I agree with a few things, (legalizing drugs for example), but imo most of the libertarian philosophy just doesn't work in the real world. As Thomas Jefferson found out when he became president, the ideas sound great on paper, but when you actually have to implement them, they don't work quite as well.

One example is economics and industry. If everyone played fair and was nice, then the libertarian philosphy of government staying out of industry would be great. But we have found out over the years that there has to be a balance between government regulation and free market, or we end up with tremendous problems.