23 replies to this topic

#1 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Man today was a good game. Cam rebounded and was mentally strong today, God Bless him and this team.

Our needs personnel wise are becoming clearer, we will have a full offseason, a decent draft pick ( Top 10 maybe) and hopefully we are smart and address some needs smartly in Free agency. We are just an offseason or two away from contending for the division title and at least a WC spot.

Congrats on the win Men, keep fighting!

#2 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

Agreed, this team has showed promise and has been in position for more victories this season. We just haven't been able to finish anyone like we did today. We can play with anyone in the South, we simply needed to learn how to finish em off. Next season can't get here soon enough.

#3 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

We are *one* offseason away from contending my man

#4 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

If New Orleans decides to rest their starters for the last game we have a chance to go 7-9. Pretty good turnaround from 2-14 IMO.

#5 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised with a deep playoff run next season

#6 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

I love our 1st half team. Sick of turning off the swag switch at half and playin like women. at least we didnt lose

#7 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

Yup, we're clearly on the right path... many parallels to the '08 Packers and look where they are now (despite today's loss).

The NFL is officially on notice... :cam:

#8 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

If New Orleans decides to rest their starters for the last game we have a chance to go 7-9. Pretty good turnaround from 2-14 IMO.

If SF loses can NO clinch the #2 seed next week?

inb4 people blabber on about "I only want to play teams at full strength". f that, wins >>>>

#9 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Even if they don't rest their starters, we can beat them. We were only 3 points away at home. We always play well in the Superdome.

#10 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

God Bless him and this team

The Golden Calf of Bristol..is that you? :)

#11 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

I know this has been a pretty frustrating season with all the close games, but we have gotten our young quarterback a lot of experience in important situations. This has been a lot more valuable than seasons for other highly drafted quarterbacks.

#12 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

We are *one* offseason away from contending my man

Careful with that. We could be one GOOD offseason. We still have several holes to fill.

#13 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Yes, and we always have had and always will have holes..we're never gonna have studs everywhere. Hell we're really really close to contending right now with 5th stringers all over the defense. I think we're gonna start smashing people soon and never look back.

#14 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

The way our defense has played with two different defensive tackles has proven that the rookie defensive tackles were a huge problem for the defense. I believe they could be better with some conditioning and a full off season to learn more but if we want to win next year we cannot wait on them to develop and yet we still have a lot of holes on defense.

I hope Beason will be 100% next season but our defensive problems isn't linebacker as much as its the secondary.

Our offense has some problems that need to be fixed as well. Gross and Wharton aren't getting any younger, Otah has yet to play a full season let alone has only played 4 games in the past two years. Do we draft an offensive linemen? What about a replacement for Smitty? Blackmon? or do we have enough faith in Gettis not to worry about another receiver? Shockey has played well but isn't getting any younger and the way our offense is ran we need two good tight ends. Do we draft or sign a TE or do we think Barnidge can be that guy?

We have a bright future but we also have a lot of problems. Our Future depends on how we handle those problems. We have all the right players to build a franchise around all that is needed is a good draft and some good free agent signings and we should be a team to be reckoned with.

#15 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

...I've been saying it all along. I like what i see. Give Chud some time to actually install an offence, get our defensive personell back and fix the fuging special teams and we will be there! Chico knows who is contributing and can evaluate talent. we'll kick some @ss next year fo sho....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com